Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by davpel »

danger-rat wrote: No Netflix, but Amazon VOD/Prime and YouTube Movie both work great.
That was going to be my next question! Thanks rat.

So big question for everyone who has tried this. My Revue is hooked up to my main "family" TV -- the one used by my wife and kids throughout the day. However, they only use the Revue ocassionally, mainly for YouTube and Amazon VOD. Mostly, they just watch live TV through the GTV pass-through. Any reason why I shouldn't flash HC on this device? Has anyone notice any impact whatsoever on watching live TV through the GTV?

Thanks in advance.
tcblues
Android 1.0

Post by tcblues »

Anybody knows if you install this beta version, will be auto updated when the official build comes?
VBCtv
Android 1.0

Post by VBCtv »

So as I said before, I keep getting the server unavailable (Network Unavailable) error during set-up. Now this is a known error even with 2.1
So I contacted Logitech and explained it to them. I told them I'm beta testing Honeycomb and they bought that story actually. So they are unaware of there servers being down. But yet everyone keeps saying even in their forums that they are getting this error.
So they told me how to factory reset and hard reset. None of that worked.
So we kept getting the error. Then this person actually had the question of are you connected to the network.
Are we serious here? I hung up on that person faster than a speeding bullet. I mean is he dumb or something? I'm able to log-in and set up but can't get past each step because when it goes to updating controller I get Server Unavailable.
It's on their end because it has to update to there servers whenever you do anything on the device.
towboy123
1.5 Cupcake

Post by towboy123 »

tcblues wrote:Anybody knows if you install this beta version, will be auto updated when the official build comes?

This is what I want answered before I try this out
PuppyHacker
Android 1.0

Post by PuppyHacker »

VBCtv wrote:So as I said before, I keep getting the server unavailable (Network Unavailable) error during set-up. Now this is a known error even with 2.1
So I contacted Logitech and explained it to them. I told them I'm beta testing Honeycomb and they bought that story actually. So they are unaware of there servers being down. But yet everyone keeps saying even in their forums that they are getting this error.
So they told me how to factory reset and hard reset. None of that worked.
So we kept getting the error. Then this person actually had the question of are you connected to the network.
Are we serious here? I hung up on that person faster than a speeding bullet. I mean is he dumb or something? I'm able to log-in and set up but can't get past each step because when it goes to updating controller I get Server Unavailable.
It's on their end because it has to update to there servers whenever you do anything on the device.
What kind of Internet Connection are you using?
Wired or WiFi?
What is your Upload and Download speed?

I know you said this was a problem for you on the older version as well, I read in some other forums about people with very slow DSL or Cable connections that ran into this type of problem. As soon as they increased the download speed to 5MB or greater the problem went away

Also, I read that WEP is a problem with the Revue and you should only be using WPA or higher
joedeveloper
1.5 Cupcake

Post by joedeveloper »

towboy123 wrote:
tcblues wrote:Anybody knows if you install this beta version, will be auto updated when the official build comes?

This is what I want answered before I try this out
The answer to the question should be yes. Here is why I say yes. This is a leaked build but it shouldn't prevent you from manually updating your box to the official build.

When the official build drops, someone will need to monitor their network and sniff the update so that the url for the update zip is discovered. Once that is available and re-uploaded to one of the file share sites you will be able to download the update.zip and run it just like this one.

The only issue is trying to go backward. Just like on android phones. Froyo bootloaders don't boot HC, HC Bootloaders will boot Froyo but in this instance it would be risky to try and re-flash the original update zip for the revue.
joedeveloper
1.5 Cupcake

Post by joedeveloper »

long2know wrote:I was completely done with the setup when I disconnected power. I was sitting at the Honeycomb launcher screen perusing the menus/icons/etc. I wonder if the process to get back into recovery/etc is simply different with the new bootloader.
cj_000 wrote:
It sounds like you may have bricked your box. For now, there is no recovery.

However, when you unplugged the Revue a while later after the setup - was it still doing the setup? At which stage was it? This is important as the bootloader and recovery are both updated (which can be dangerous, especially if the box suffers a loss of power).
If it follows how it is for phones I would agree. The Key Mapping/Combo has probably changed in HC vs. Froyo to get into recovery, just a matter of finding the new key combo.
joedeveloper
1.5 Cupcake

Post by joedeveloper »

I honestly can't wait to get home tonight so that I can try this out.

Supposedly HC for the revue has ADB support built it, so you should be able to connect via USB and adb to the revue, again no root access but should have the ability to perform various functions over adb without having to hardware hack the device.
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

joedeveloper wrote:I honestly can't wait to get home tonight so that I can try this out.

Supposedly HC for the revue has ADB support built it, so you should be able to connect via USB and adb to the revue, again no root access but should have the ability to perform various functions over adb without having to hardware hack the device.
Actually, you connect via ethernet / wifi for ADB in this case, not USB, but yes - ADB does work.
wisperatme
Android 1.0

Post by wisperatme »

Hello... I ordered my Revue a couple of days ago (should be recieving it tomorrow)... I have a buddy with an Arduino and soldering knowledge and hes willing to take on the 2.1 root process... My question is "Is it still worth it to Hardware Root the Revue to 2.1 or should i just load up the new 3.1 os and hope for the best?" also "If i root to 2.1 will i still be able to upgrade to 3.1 in the future and will the root stay through the update?"

Any help is greatly appreciated!