Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

phiednate
Android 1.0

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by phiednate »

fletch259 wrote:Can mkv's be played now?
Just tried a MKV with 4.1 AVC and 6 channel AC3 and it worked just fine. Still can't change audio streams though and softcoded subtitles don't seem to show either. I always reencode my videos to MP4 but the MKV I tried seemed to work just as good as my MP4s.
bryan1854
Android 1.0

Post by bryan1854 »

I dont have one yet . But as long as someone has it in stock later this morning im picking one up today, it was my birthday on August 1st. I was wondering if someone could try to acces the netflix site through some sort of a proxy server . also check any options/settings menu in the browser if there is one and attempt to change the user agent to ndesktop or whatever else there is .Jus an idea
Ariq
Android 1.0

Post by Ariq »

mitchsamuelss wrote:Well. I just can't get my update to work.

-- Install from USB drive...
Finding Update Package...
E:Can't mount /dev/disk/by-topology/external0-part1
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount USBDISK:update.zip
Installation Aborted

Any ideas Ariq?

Does it have to be rooted? I have tried 2 different flash drives, in both ports, and the update does not have two .zips.
Couple of things, make sure that you have formatted your drive to FAT32 and not FAT. Also be sure that you are not accidentally renaming it "update.zip.zip." Check the properties or look at it through the explorer with winrar. If you are using windows you only need to rename it as simply "update" as the file type will populate the extension. Let me know if this works.

Judging purely on the error message I think you most likely need to format it again to FAT32.
bryan1854
Android 1.0

Post by bryan1854 »

a guy over on androidcentral forums got a file manager installed. also i recomened possibly downloading http://bit.ly/q1EogY and trying to install it.

Edit:The link is a netflix app that is supposed to run on many phones and tablets
Last edited by bryan1854 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariq
Android 1.0

Post by Ariq »

bryan1854 wrote:I dont have one yet . But as long as someone has it in stock later this morning im picking one up today, it was my birthday on August 1st. I was wondering if someone could try to acces the netflix site through some sort of a proxy server . also check any options/settings menu in the browser if there is one and attempt to change the user agent to ndesktop or whatever else there is .Jus an idea
You are able to change your user agent it the "under the hood" section. Here you can set any custom one. Hopefully someone else will try the proxy thing, I am a little tied up just now.
Ariq
Android 1.0

Post by Ariq »

bryan1854 wrote:a guy over on androidcentral forums got a file manager installed. also i recomened possibly downloading http://bit.ly/q1EogY and trying to install it.
It seems like as long as developers did enable for google tv they work ok. However I have still been unsuccessful in installing from out of market even with unknown sources checked.
mitchsamuelss
Android 1.0

Post by mitchsamuelss »

Ariq wrote: Couple of things, make sure that you have formatted your drive to FAT32 and not FAT. Also be sure that you are not accidentally renaming it "update.zip.zip." Check the properties or look at it through the explorer with winrar. If you are using windows you only need to rename it as simply "update" as the file type will populate the extension. Let me know if this works.

Judging purely on the error message I think you most likely need to format it again to FAT32.
Thanks. I got it...

I just grabbed another usb stick, formatted both, put the update.zip on both and plugged them both in. I thought one has to work, and I Was right.
Ariq
Android 1.0

Post by Ariq »

Something huge: LAUNCHER PRO WORKS!!!! One can install from market.

Now possibilities are endless.
smojica
Android 1.0

Post by smojica »

so here is a question. What if we cant live without netflix and want to go back. What do we do?

Just a thought.

Also the market doesn't load for me.
bryan1854
Android 1.0

Post by bryan1854 »

Has anyone attempted to go to the online market as in browser based?. then it should be easier to see what compatible , or does google tv not show up in your device list?