Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by killer4110 »

Ariq wrote:Something huge: LAUNCHER PRO WORKS!!!! One can install from market.

Now possibilities are endless.
Thanks for the info, I just installed it, Live wall papers even work, just cant scroll up or down
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
long2know
Android 1.0

Post by long2know »

I was completely done with the setup when I disconnected power. I was sitting at the Honeycomb launcher screen perusing the menus/icons/etc. I wonder if the process to get back into recovery/etc is simply different with the new bootloader.
cj_000 wrote:
It sounds like you may have bricked your box. For now, there is no recovery.

However, when you unplugged the Revue a while later after the setup - was it still doing the setup? At which stage was it? This is important as the bootloader and recovery are both updated (which can be dangerous, especially if the box suffers a loss of power).
goyk
Android 1.0

Post by goyk »

-I can't enter my email or password into Pandora. The text fields just won't accept any input for some reason.

-The TV/AV remote control function is acting a bit funny. I need to mess with it more.

-With 2.1, holding the home button would bring up a list of the running apps with an option to terminate them.
Now it just shows recent apps, not just those that are running, with no option to close them. (just like on an android phone)
I installed Taskiller and it works like a charm. It kills all running processes at once or one by one.

-Logitech Media Player is awesome. It reads pretty much all video formats that I have (.mkv, mp4, m4v, avi, wmv, mpg, etc)
I am very pleased with this. It also seems to have better indexing.

I can't wait to see apps that are designed for GTV.
elsewhat
Android 1.0

Post by elsewhat »

Do we know why some apps work, whilst others do not?
There needs to be something in the android manifest to indicate one or the other

Is it as simple as this?
http://code.google.com/intl/no-NO/tv/an ... tures.html
Caution: By default, Android Market assumes that an application requires full touchscreen support. If you want your application to appear in Android Market for Google TV devices, you must specify in your manifest file (AndroidManifest.xml) that your application does not require full touchscreen support. To do this, add the following element specification exactly as it appears:
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.touchscreen" android:required="false"/>
elsewhat
Android 1.0

Post by elsewhat »

In the settings there is a menu for a Chrome To TV extension. A good way to send links and intents from a PC to the TV (similar to Chrome to Phone)

Has anyone found the extension required for Chrome on PC?
Dangalf
Android 1.0

Post by Dangalf »

goyk wrote:-I can't enter my email or password into Pandora. The text fields just won't accept any input for some reason.
On mine it just had black text in a black box, so it was typing, but you couldnt see it. if you highlight it you should see the text highlight in green.
danger-rat
Contributor

Post by danger-rat »

Very few problems for me so far...

I've sideloaded dropbox, and I'm using it to sideload other apps that aren't showing up on the Market.
Found a few file managers that work really well.
Skifta works, so I have DNLA (finally!)
Scrolling is much faster, and super smooth! xD
Launcher Pro and ADW work, but I prefer the stock launcher

No Netflix, but Amazon VOD/Prime and YouTube Movie both work great.

Still trying other stuff, LOVING it so far!!
txyaloo
Android 1.0

Post by txyaloo »

DTS/AC3 passthru/playback is still broken in Logitech Media Player. Not really surprised about that.
txyaloo
Android 1.0

Post by txyaloo »

DTS/AC3 passthru/playback is still broken in Logitech Media Player. Not really surprised about that.
VBCtv
Android 1.0

Post by VBCtv »

The 3.1 flashed just fine for me but now I have a problem.

The welcome screen part where you connect to the internet and put in your google account and hook up your TV and Cable. Everytime I go through a step it says Updating Controller...
Then it pops up with Connection Error. It won't let me get past this. I've even tried to skip all steps and it does the same thing on the final step.
I had this happen to me with 2.1 also but it was always fixed by reseting to factory settings and then wouldn't happen again.

Anyone know how to get around this or am I just screwed?