Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Pinesal
Android 1.0

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by Pinesal »

dplawrance wrote:Well,, I think I really screwed up. After loading up, verifying, and installing the files, my Revue reset and came back up with a white triangle with an exclamation point. I was able to get into the Honeycomb recovery module, but I can't seem to reinstall because it fails trying to find /sdcard. Suggestions appreciated!

David

Update: Man, it was simple. Looks like the Honeycomb recovery module only recognizes the update.zip file if the USB stick is shoved into the right port. The original version could also load from the left, until the reboot.
Ok so, were able to sign in and complete the setup?
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

Like many others, waiting with baited breath to hear the answer to this question.
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

dplawrance, are you out there?
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

So I called Logitech today, just to see if they had issues with the Harmony servers, and they said they had a "Leaked Beta" on one of their units which was "having issues adding devices". My guess at this point is either A) legit issue or B) they locked the servers down when you get the "Server is Unavailable, Access is Denied". Hopefully they will get it fixed and/or release the update and be done with it since this one is pretty D*** stable in my opinion.
MechDragon79
Android 1.0

Post by MechDragon79 »

gdeeble wrote:So I called Logitech today, just to see if they had issues with the Harmony servers, and they said they had a "Leaked Beta" on one of their units which was "having issues adding devices". My guess at this point is either A) legit issue or B) they locked the servers down when you get the "Server is Unavailable, Access is Denied". Hopefully they will get it fixed and/or release the update and be done with it since this one is pretty D*** stable in my opinion.
Thanks a lot for this bit of info good to hear.
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

gdeeble wrote:So I called Logitech today, just to see if they had issues with the Harmony servers, and they said they had a "Leaked Beta" on one of their units which was "having issues adding devices". My guess at this point is either A) legit issue or B) they locked the servers down when you get the "Server is Unavailable, Access is Denied". Hopefully they will get it fixed and/or release the update and be done with it since this one is pretty D*** stable in my opinion.
So how did you interpret the answer? As meaning that Logitech is working on a fix for those having issues?
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

Well, I'm an optimistic person, so it sounds like they are trying to fix it. That's the Remote codes, not the Google Log in screen issue. But in my pessimistic side, it sounds like they set the servers to check to see that the box connecting isn't newer than their current build and if it is, it's denying service till it comes out. The agent called me out on using the leaked version, then persisted to say his friend did it and is having issues, so who knows. I'm not holding my breathe but I ain't restoring defaults to this either ;).. LoL
MechDragon79
Android 1.0

Post by MechDragon79 »

This is what I get when it searches for device or tries to update controller.

I can sign into my gmail account no problem.
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

gdeeble wrote:Well, I'm an optimistic person, so it sounds like they are trying to fix it. That's the Remote codes, not the Google Log in screen issue. But in my pessimistic side, it sounds like they set the servers to check to see that the box connecting isn't newer than their current build and if it is, it's denying service till it comes out. The agent called me out on using the leaked version, then persisted to say his friend did it and is having issues, so who knows. I'm not holding my breathe but I ain't restoring defaults to this either ;).. LoL
Thanks. So it has been awhile since I went through GTV setup. If I install the leak today and manage to get it to recognize my Google credentials (big if, I guess) and then have the rest of the setup fail, can I skip setup of the remote and simply use the GTV without it operating my TV/satellite receiver, etc., or will I simply have a brick, effectively.
joedeveloper
1.5 Cupcake

Post by joedeveloper »

davpel wrote:
gdeeble wrote:Well, I'm an optimistic person, so it sounds like they are trying to fix it. That's the Remote codes, not the Google Log in screen issue. But in my pessimistic side, it sounds like they set the servers to check to see that the box connecting isn't newer than their current build and if it is, it's denying service till it comes out. The agent called me out on using the leaked version, then persisted to say his friend did it and is having issues, so who knows. I'm not holding my breathe but I ain't restoring defaults to this either ;).. LoL
Thanks. So it has been awhile since I went through GTV setup. If I install the leak today and manage to get it to recognize my Google credentials (big if, I guess) and then have the rest of the setup fail, can I skip setup of the remote and simply use the GTV without it operating my TV/satellite receiver, etc., or will I simply have a brick, effectively.
I have a feeling that you won't be able to use it. It's not necessarily related to the TV/Satellite receiver setup. I believe it's more with sending the request to the Logitech servers on the last step. It fails for unknown reasons, either them blocking new devices with HC 3.1 or an error on their server.