Received, unpacked, setup today. Questions.

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

lemonoid
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Received, unpacked, setup today. Questions.

Post by lemonoid »

My birthday was on Monday and my girl got me the Revue and it came in today, I unboxed and setup. I love it but being an avid Android user and tweaker, fairly recently began learning ROM compilation, I couldn't keep my hands off this and there are a few disappointments yeah but its ok. That's why devs are around. I would love to update to Honeycomb and am wondering if I will be able to, I applied an update today as soon as I set up I'm not sure what the update was. Also can anyone confirm that I won't be able to use Netflix? I know that HC 3.1 removes it, but can it not be downloaded from Market? I don't know yet how everything works on this little box of Google joy so bear with me.
tdweng
Android 1.0

Re: Received, unpacked, setup today. Questions.

Post by tdweng »

To answer your questions the leaked HC update is a beta release so there are many pros and cons. Big one for most people are no netflix. On the plus side it is a hell of lot better as in interface wise among other things. Netflix cannot just be downloaded from market which is due to the different architects of the processor itself so there are many limitations at that end at this time.

Also with HC all files are encrypted and the system is using the secure boot process with a chain of trust which is making it very difficult for us to root or even get to the point of breaking it so we can load our own kernels and ROMS. As you i would love to build my own version and make some needed improvements.

We are under the impression the official release is only weeks away so updating to HC will give you glimpse at what to expect and you will be able to update to official build when it comes out. As of now there really no point staying at 2.1 unless you did the hardware hack before you even setup and ran any updates.

check out www.gtvhacker.com for further info or come join us on irc on channel #gtvhacker using freenode