NSZ GT1 in the UK

tomino46
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

NSZ GT1 in the UK

Post by tomino46 »

I bought this box about six months ago in the States, while on holiday. I live in the UK and was told that as soon as it's released in the UK it would work fine. At the moment when I go through the set-up it doesn't give me the option to select my location, only offering U.S zipcodes.

Can anyone help me here? Do I have to flash a UK firmware, or something to that effect?

Thanks for any help,
jbloggs
1.5 Cupcake

Re: NSZ GT1 in the UK

Post by jbloggs »

I believe the NSZ-GP9 is the model they are introducing in the UK so I'm not sure you'll ever get UK firmware for the NSZ-GT1.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/google-tv ... ts/nsz-gp9

On another note, since you have the NSZ-GT1 in the UK, is it able to played UK region coded DVD/Blu-Ray movies, i.e. is it already Region Free? I was able to play a Non-region coded PAL DVD of home video, so it can play PAL video on U.S. TVs but was wondering if it was already region free.
tomino46
Android 1.0

Re: NSZ GT1 in the UK

Post by tomino46 »

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately no, it isn't region free. Yet another nail in its coffin, in my case. I was assured buy the guy in the store that it work work on its release in the UK. I won't be as trusting next time.

I'll have to hold out for a developer in a similar situation or just buy the UK version.

Thanks again.