Re: DTS dropout - Could it be related to being rooted?

SXBB
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by SXBB »

I rooted my NSZ-GT1 immediately after opening the box so I don't know if this problem is related to having rooted it or not. Both the GTV Media Player app and GTVBox stutter in the same way when playing back mkv files using DTS. It pretty much always happens. I'm playing them over Twonky 7.0 or the current version of Playback using UPNP on a gigabit wired connection. If I play them on a Boxee Box or WDLive+ they play perfectly. I can't keep the GTV if I can't get it to play mkv files with DTS. I'd un-root right now but I'm concerned about the GTVHacker splash. If it doesn't get replaced by the stock splash, I think Best Buy might not be very happy with me! :lol: Does anybody have a fix for the DTS stuttering or can you assure me that if I manually update it to current firmware the splash will be stock again?
:roll:
Thanks
Last edited by SXBB on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SXBB
Android 1.0

Post by SXBB »

Just wanted to add that this problem is with playing the older (Lossy) DTS, not the newer DTS-MA/HD (Lossless) version. I've checked the Sony support forum and the only problems reported were for lossless.
Last edited by SXBB on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SXBB
Android 1.0

Post by SXBB »

Bump :(
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Re: DTS dropout - Could it be related to being rooted?

Post by mcd2000 »

I did not have problems while watching most of my DTS movies both in HDMI downsample and S/PDIF pass-though modes.
I have a rooted box.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
SXBB
Android 1.0

Re: Re: DTS dropout - Could it be related to being rooted?

Post by SXBB »

OK, good to know. Since I have no problems with other players and those files, it seems that it's probably a defect in my NSZ-GT1.

I just Un-Rooted by doing a manual USB update to the stock version of 2012.01.26 but I still have the DTS stuttering and the GTVHacker splash. I'll move this over to the Un-Root thread.

Thanks