Remove Root

RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Remove Root

Post by RawisTheGameHhH »

How do I do this??? I thought I did a system reset but I dont think it did anything.
buggin64
Android 1.0

Re: Remove Root

Post by buggin64 »

umm get the newest firmware from sony go into recovery and update the firmware should take away custom build
SXBB
Android 1.0

Post by SXBB »

I just Un-Rooted by doing a manual USB update to the stock version of 2012.01.26 but it didn't replace the GTVHacker splash. System info shows a legit build so I'm pretty sure it's no longer running the unsigned kernal. There's a problem with my NSZ-GT1 stuttering when it plays back mkv files with DTS so I need to return it to where I bought it. I need to get rid of the GTVHacker splash before I return it. I'd update to the current firmware but of course if I do and it doesn't replace the splash then I won't be able to re-root and will be doubly screwed. Can anybody tell me if going to 2012.02.22 will replace the splash?

Thanks
SXBB
Android 1.0

Post by SXBB »

Is it possible to rollback to an earlier rom by changing the build.prop? That way I can maybe revert the splash to stock and it would still be possible to update to the 20122601 rom again to be able to keep working on the problem if it persists?

Spasibo
AbraCadaver
Android 1.0

Post by AbraCadaver »

Has there been any progress or info about how to remove the root and return to stock?
OteliaKeller
Android 1.0

Post by OteliaKeller »

go into recovery and update the firmware should take away custom build
Standing Upon the Peak of All DVDs --- One Tree Hill Season 9 DVD,Earth Shaking with this Movie
buggin64
Android 1.0

Post by buggin64 »

i tried to do the same i even have a post im working on it now waiting for the uart connection as far as i read if you did the the first root theres no unrooting only do the uart root process is the only way to fix.. by the way i think doing a system reset just messes it up more think it messes up busybox