My observations after the mod

bjorkyou
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

My observations after the mod

Post by bjorkyou »

After I started the downgrade, in step 5, I did not get an error but proceeded as if I did and followed the instructions and it all worked out. Once All was completed, I notices that the wireless network would not come up (kept searching) even after 12 minutes. I decided to hard-wire just to test and when I went to set up wireless later, my wifi signal was there. Also, the menu from the GTV did not show on my 1080p tv, so i connected it to another tv that had 480 and 720 so i could do the downgrade. ***VERY important!*** I did not see this in the instructions anywhere, I may have missed them, but when all was done, and I went to hulu, it STILL said it would not work on Google TV. I figured out that if you go into the chrome settings and change the window to "generic", it all worked perfect. I checked ABC, NBC, HULU, Epix, etc. All work great. Thanks. I'm donating now.
George
Android 1.0

Re: My observations after the mod

Post by George »

This is GREAT news.... Can't wait to try mine.. you say you had to go to another TV? my tv support all those other modes too, what TV did youhave issues with?
bjorkyou
Android 1.0

Re: My observations after the mod

Post by bjorkyou »

I'm using a Panasonic. It's older and does not have hdmi, so I'm converting the hdmi to dvi. I'm sure that is the problem. Once I went through the set up and set it back to 1080, it worked fine even via the converter.