How do I make box stay on when TV is turned off?

Artie
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

How do I make box stay on when TV is turned off?

Post by Artie »

I have a TiVo series 3 connected by hdmi cable to a nsz-gt1 connected by hdmi cable to an olevia LCD tv. Everything works as it should (except for tv volume, since olevia isn't listed in the remote control codes and most universal remotes don't support it). The only annoying issue is that shortly after I turn off the tv, the Sony box turns off as well. The TiVo keeps running (as it should). When I want to watch tv, I have to wait 30 seconds to a minute while the Sony box boots. I turned off the Eco settings, to prevent the box from going into standby, and set "keep box running even though it uses more power" to on. I also turned on hdmi control, and disabled the subsetting for device control. Is there any other setting I am missing?
psycho_maniac
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: How do I make box stay on when TV is turned off?

Post by psycho_maniac »

I think the only way to get your bluray player to stay on is to either turn off "hdmi control". if that doesnt work, and i know this is annoying and tedious, unplug the hdmi cable when you go to turn off your tv. Yeah that sucks, but its the only way i could figure out how to do that to my ps3 one time.