Sony Remote and Time Warner Cable

wompom76
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Sony Remote and Time Warner Cable

Post by wompom76 »

I am at the point where I am really starting to like my Sony Bluray player, but there are a couple things that would make the experience a ton better. One is with the remote and its functionality with my Time Warner cable box. Ultimately, I would like to use the remote exclusively, but there are some things I need the TWC remote for. For instance, if I want to record a movie on my DVR, the sony remote gives me the option to record it, but I can't cancel it. I can not for the life of me find the buttons that will control the yellow A triangle, Blue B square, or the Red C Circle. Without the ability to control these buttons with my Sony remote, I will always need the TWC remote. I did at least figure out that TAB = the last button on the twc remote. Anyway, I was thinking there must be a way to program the Yellow, Blue Red and Green buttons on the Sony remote, but haven't figured out how yet. Does anyone here have a TWC DVR and know what I am talking about? Please help
axemunkey
Android 1.0

Re: Sony Remote and Time Warner Cable

Post by axemunkey »

If you look at the line of keys above the numbers you should see the color buttons you need on the left hand side of the remote. Give those a shot and let me know if they work...
mikeehuber
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by mikeehuber »

Those buttons look idea, however they don't work with the HD Science Atlanta Time Warner Box.

any ideas?
axemunkey
Android 1.0

Post by axemunkey »

Did you try hitting shift + the color buttons? Other than that, I am not sure of a solution. I've got a Motorola cable box from Time Warner and those buttons work as the "color shape" buttons found on the OEM remote.
wompom76
Android 1.0

Post by wompom76 »

"Did you try hitting shift + the color buttons? Other than that, I am not sure of a solution. I've got a Motorola cable box from Time Warner and those buttons work as the "color shape" buttons found on the OEM remote."

No, shift + the color buttons doesn't work. At this point, I'm waiting for an update, but it appears that the Y,B,R,G buttons have no function on my remote. Hopefully they figure something out sometime in the near future.