3.1 Media Player issues

kellman
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

3.1 Media Player issues

Post by kellman »

Anyone else having issues with the new version of media player in the update? I am using PS3 Media Server as my DLNA server and before the update if I added a file to the library all I had to to was navigate up one folder and reload the folder to get new files to show up, now I have to restart PS3 Media Server, and Force Stop/Clear Data to get it to see the new files. I tried using GTVBox Video Player to navigate straight to my shares but for some reason my network can't keep up and will stop every minute to catch up even though my media server and the GTV are connected to a gigabit network.
majorae
Android 1.0

Re: 3.1 Media Player issues

Post by majorae »

DLNA overall is awful in my opinion and I did see it get more picky/worse with the 2.0 update. I would concentrate on figuring out why gtvbox is having issues on a gigabit network. Something is wrong there, I stream full uncompressed mpeg2 over the weekend with dd 5.1 sound without a hiccup over a wireless connection when gtcbox is mapped directly to the network share.
kellman
Android 1.0

Post by kellman »

I did find an aVia app that works better than the Sony Media Player, but while the GTVBox Player found all of my files very quickly it was jerky and stopped every 30 seconds while trying to play any of the 720p or 1080p files. Most of my files are in MKV format.
gottahavit
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by gottahavit »

Just picked one of these up and it's much better than my experience with the revue. I'm using tversity and it finds and plays every HD and SD video I tried. No issues finding files or streaming. I'm even using wifi at the moment and it seems very smooth, but I have not watched anything from start to finish yet.
kellman
Android 1.0

Post by kellman »

I dumped DLNA for Plex. So far I am liking it much better.
Bolek
Android 1.0

Post by Bolek »

kellman wrote:I dumped DLNA for Plex. So far I am liking it much better.
kellman - which version of Plex player you use? Can you post apk somewhere?
I agree on Plex being much better choice for good user experience then DLNA.