Sony Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug leaked

dlbark313
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Sony Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug leaked

Post by dlbark313 »

zenofex wrote:
josericaurte wrote:Has anyone had the opportunity to test it out yet?! :o
From what I can gather, this is release comes pre-rooted? If that's true, that's amazing, but leads me to ask the question if is there a recovery option available yet in case something goes wrong??
Yes this build updates fine with no workarounds required, also yes this is pre-rooted but you are still limited by the same type of kernel restrictions that are in place on the revue.

sanchezjuan1992 wrote:If I update my sony to this leak, can I then update to the official version or no?
Yes

Thanks,
Zenofex
Not too sure of this answer. I manually did my Logitech revue to both leaked builds and according to Geek.com Logitech and Sony are blocking individuals who are currently on leaked builds. I work part time at Best Buy and we were told last week to not accept returns or exchanges of the Logitech Revue or Sony NS*-GT* series without Geek Squad checking for bricked or beta build software on them. This leak build for Sony disables netflix and your blu-ray player so beware, that's what we're checking for. So your stuck buying a new one and updating your Fishtank 2.0 version when hackers get around to it.
dlbark313
Android 1.0

Post by dlbark313 »

killer4110 wrote:
disier wrote:Still waiting for the update!!!!
I dont know anything about the Sony TV's,but with my Revue anytime it received an update,it was always between 7 and 7:30 pm.
How is this helpful to anyone who has the Sony NSZ-GT1 or the T.V. line versions? And a O.T.A. is released whenever your provider ( Sony and Logitech in this case) makes it available to certain areas across the US, Asia and UK. Maybe you only noticed in your home between 7-7:30 while it was available sooner.
dlbark313
Android 1.0

Post by dlbark313 »

sanchezjuan1992 wrote:I've tried the new Netflix app that suppose to support all 3.x devices and still didnt work. I figure since that version wasnt made to work with intel chips, but i could be wrong.
Check my above posts. Just like the Revue leak, you cannot go backwards after you flash the kernel to newer bios higher than 2.1. That's what we are checking for from the info Sony and Logitech has provided to Best Buy's Geek Squad.
jagan_indian9
Android 1.0

Post by jagan_indian9 »

dlbark313 wrote:
zenofex wrote:
josericaurte wrote:Has anyone had the opportunity to test it out yet?! :o
From what I can gather, this is release comes pre-rooted? If that's true, that's amazing, but leads me to ask the question if is there a recovery option available yet in case something goes wrong??
Yes this build updates fine with no workarounds required, also yes this is pre-rooted but you are still limited by the same type of kernel restrictions that are in place on the revue.

sanchezjuan1992 wrote:If I update my sony to this leak, can I then update to the official version or no?
Yes

Thanks,
Zenofex
Not too sure of this answer. I manually did my Logitech revue to both leaked builds and according to Geek.com Logitech and Sony are blocking individuals who are currently on leaked builds. I work part time at Best Buy and we were told last week to not accept returns or exchanges of the Logitech Revue or Sony NS*-GT* series without Geek Squad checking for bricked or beta build software on them. This leak build for Sony disables netflix and your blu-ray player so beware, that's what we're checking for. So your stuck buying a new one and updating your Fishtank 2.0 version when hackers get around to it.
I had this leaked version on my Sony Bluray player and got the OTA today morning at 6:00 AM CST. I am on the Sony's Honeycomb version now.
josericaurte
Android 1.0

Post by josericaurte »

dlbark313 wrote:
sanchezjuan1992 wrote:I've tried the new Netflix app that suppose to support all 3.x devices and still didnt work. I figure since that version wasnt made to work with intel chips, but i could be wrong.
Check my above posts. Just like the Revue leak, you cannot go backwards after you flash the kernel to newer bios higher than 2.1. That's what we are checking for from the info Sony and Logitech has provided to Best Buy's Geek Squad.
The logic behind blocking updates to an open source operating system doesn't make much sense to me. :?
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

dlbark313 wrote:
killer4110 wrote:
disier wrote:Still waiting for the update!!!!
I dont know anything about the Sony TV's,but with my Revue anytime it received an update,it was always between 7 and 7:30 pm.
How is this helpful to anyone who has the Sony NSZ-GT1 or the T.V. line versions? And a O.T.A. is released whenever your provider ( Sony and Logitech in this case) makes it available to certain areas across the US, Asia and UK. Maybe you only noticed in your home between 7-7:30 while it was available sooner.
I never mentioned anything about O.T.A.,all i said was that any time Google or Logitech updated anything ,it always hit my revue at about 7-7:30 pm, while i am sitting in front of my TV..............................................................
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
disier
Android 1.0

Post by disier »

zenofex wrote: Not too sure of this answer. I manually did my Logitech revue to both leaked builds and according to Geek.com Logitech and Sony are blocking individuals who are currently on leaked builds. I work part time at Best Buy and we were told last week to not accept returns or exchanges of the Logitech Revue or Sony NS*-GT* series without Geek Squad checking for bricked or beta build software on them. This leak build for Sony disables netflix and your blu-ray player so beware, that's what we're checking for. So your stuck buying a new one and updating your Fishtank 2.0 version when hackers get around to it.
I had this leaked version on my Sony Bluray player and got the OTA today morning at 6:00 AM CST. I am on the Sony's Honeycomb version now.[/quote]

Is working the Blu-Ray player? Im still waiting for the OTA :?
josericaurte
Android 1.0

Post by josericaurte »

disier wrote:
zenofex wrote: Not too sure of this answer. I manually did my Logitech revue to both leaked builds and according to Geek.com Logitech and Sony are blocking individuals who are currently on leaked builds. I work part time at Best Buy and we were told last week to not accept returns or exchanges of the Logitech Revue or Sony NS*-GT* series without Geek Squad checking for bricked or beta build software on them. This leak build for Sony disables netflix and your blu-ray player so beware, that's what we're checking for. So your stuck buying a new one and updating your Fishtank 2.0 version when hackers get around to it.
I had this leaked version on my Sony Bluray player and got the OTA today morning at 6:00 AM CST. I am on the Sony's Honeycomb version now.
Is working the Blu-Ray player? Im still waiting for the OTA :?[/quote]

Same here, no OTA for me yet.
disier
Android 1.0

Post by disier »

Today at 2:06am I was checking if an Update was avilable and I get it!!!! I let you know how is is!!! and try to take some captures. Im In Dominican Republic.
disier
Android 1.0

Post by disier »

Netflix is working, also Bluray player. Yupi!!!!! Im so tired!!! I will play a little and them tomorrow morning I will upload some screen shot.