sony gets ready for Googletv 3.1

pyro_mx
Android 1.0

sony gets ready for Googletv 3.1

Post by pyro_mx »

Many have been speculating about the release date for the Google TV 3.1 Honeycomb update, and have been speculating about it since what seems like the dawn of time. The latest statements I’ve read claim the Honeycomb update will come by the “end of summer” 2011. I’ve seen many theories float around the web, and claimed “leaks” of the release date, but none of them have panned out.

Well, now we have a definite signal from Sony that the Google TV 3.1 Honeycomb update is closer than ever!

Sony quietly updated it’s Media Remote for iPhone app back on September 1st, and if you read the fine print you will find that it now supports a new device, Sony Internet TV (Google TV) – but only if you’re running firmware version 3.1 or higher.

Yes, a remote control app for their Google TV’s that only runs on Honeycomb.

From the app store update:

What’s New in Version 2.3.0

-Support new devices.
-Sony Internet TV (Firmware Version 3.1 or more)
-Sony Media Player

What does this mean? Is means Sony is putting in the final touches it needs before the 3.1 Honeycomb update for it’s Google TV’s. Does it give us an exact date? No, but it surely shows us this much anticipated update will be coming sooner rather than later. I personally think Sony is on the verge of updating it’s Internet TV’s any time now, easily before the end of September.

source: http://gnarld.com/sony-gets-ready-for-g ... b-release/