Just got Sony NSZ-GT1 and it doesn't work!

I'm going to be able to get this GTV working, right?

Yes
No votes
Definitely
No votes
Oh HELL yes
No votes
You've come to the right place, we will help you get it working again
No votes

Total votes: 0

gesher
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Just got Sony NSZ-GT1 and it doesn't work!

Post by gesher »

Hi all,

I just rescued a Sony NSZ-GT1 from being thrown away by some philistines who have no appreciation for fine electronics.

I took it back home, plugged it in, connected it by HDMI to my television and by ethernet to my router, and got an empty black screen.

Then I removed the power, plugged it back in and still got the empty black screen.

Then I followed a hunch and removed the power and plugged it back in holding the power button, and got a fuzzy red screen with the Sony logo for less than a minute, followed by black screen.

Then I let it sit for a while, and the screen randomly changed to purple, and eventually back to black, except now it says "Not Support." (It doesn't say "not supported," it says "not support.")

I am sure I can get this fantastic gadget working again, but I need help from some experts. Please, experts, tell me what to do.

Thank you!

Note: I previously posted this question in a different forum (http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/sony ... -work.html) and one of the respondents suggested I might ask here for how to flash some different firmware.