market updater post exploit

replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

market updater post exploit

Post by replaytv5000 »

On other versions of android whn you disable the market updater, it kills the market's ability to run background updates on it's oem apps, and any others that may have the auto updates feature flagged. Or so I thought. Mango may handle it differently?

I have several apps frozen including some standard apps, like tv & movies. After shutting down for the night (full power down in eco settings) and power on some time later the next day, I get all these notices that not only have these apps been updated, but they are also unfrozen. Can't wait for SU, ugh. Once we get su, I will bkup these infernal apps and then rm them but good... until then I would like them not to receive anymore updates... anyone know a quick way to roadblock this shiz? The built-in nature of the auto updates with no way to uncheck them from within mango is another pet peeve of mine. So, once Chains graces us with his genius, these apps... will... die... (said like the Lucas' Emperor)

Also, in 3.1 when I selected "Mute notifications" in the long-press home button pop-up box, it stayed persistent after a reboot. Now it resets every time upon power on and it gets fkn annoying if u forgot to tick it prior to settling in and watching something. Anyone have an idea where the persistent setting for this is located, aka which file?

-
rtv5k

replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Re: market updater post exploit

Post by replaytv5000 »

Also without right click functionality via mouse (all 5 mouse buttons have the same action, single left click) the long press was the way to pull up an action menu (right click menu) on any other Android device. On my GTV I am using Boat & Boat Mini browsers... they still retain the long press ability with a long mouse click. Chrome does not. Chrome doesn't even offer long press to copy & paste... hmm. Chrome doesn't offer ANY of the function that it has come to be known for in the 'puter world. Namely tabs.

Since I use Chrome only sparingly in real life, and I have done a google search on it as it pertains to gtv... is there a modifier that people are using to open a link in a new tab since no right-click? I have tried the obvious ones, and I am probly answering my own questions, but.... I was pretty sure that shift-click would hv done it, but no luck. any help with this poor excuse for a browser would be appreciated.