Bricked NSX-40GT1

George
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Bricked NSX-40GT1

Post by George »

Try Emailing sony @ [email protected] tell them you found them online.. There is a face book page called I have a defective Sony TV that they monitor too. Good luck.
brick_haus
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by brick_haus »

Great advice. Thank you!
Geko45
Android 1.0

Post by Geko45 »

ThomasEconomous
Android 1.0

Post by ThomasEconomous »

Sounds like it could be a hardware issue to me.

I would try a system recovery from the recovery menu if you haven't tried that already.

Otherwise I would swap out the main board which can be purchased on ebay for about $50. Replacing it is similar to replacing a motherboard in a desktop computer.
brick_haus
Android 1.0

Post by brick_haus »

Hi Thomas. Thanks for the ideas. I came to the same conclusion. I even bought another main board of Ebay and replaced it. Same problem. I gave up and donated it a friend who is a TV repair tech. I haven't talked to him since then. I hope he had better luck.
russnae
Android 1.0

Post by russnae »

Hi Guys,
Im new here this will be my first post. Probably a stupid question because you prolly already done this, but have you tried to reboot with the remote? press ctrl+alt+backspace at the same time. When I get that error on mine, that is the only way I have been able to get it working again. Also the OS is on the ethernet board I believe and that is why changing the motherboard did you no good, although thats about all I can do for you also, as I have yet to attempt to ,"fix" "flash" "reinstall" however you want to say it, mine yet since the reboot with the remote seems to fix it so far. Plus it happens very little to mine as of now. Hope some of that info might help.