Reply from Sony

Rtist69
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Reply from Sony

Post by Rtist69 »

I recently sent an email to Sony and this was there reply:

Me: I purchased the Google TV in March because I was promised at one of your Sony Style retail stores that it would receive the Android Market in late Spring...epic fail..then I was promised that the market would come with the Honeycomb update in late Summer... and guess what another fail.. it is almost nearing fall and am wondering when my TV will have ALL the features that were advertised, so in short when are we receiving the Android 3.1 update.

Sony: Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

I'm sorry for the delay you're experiencing regarding the availability of Android Market on the Internet Television. Google plans to upgrade all the Sony Internet TV devices powered by the Google TV Android platform to Android 3.1 Honeycomb this summer. In addition to performance enhancements, the upgrade will bring the Android Market to the Sony Internet TV devices. This will be an automatic update that loads directly to the Sony Internet TV device when it becomes available.

The Sony Email Response Team
C6EH
William

So we will see...

Thank you for your time.
resno
The Green One
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Reply from Sony

Post by resno »

This summer? As in the one thats ending? Or the next one?
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
josericaurte
Android 1.0

Re: Reply from Sony

Post by josericaurte »

Technically the end of summer is September 21. I will be officially disappointed if it doesn't come out by then.

9 more days...