DLNA that work with Revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

aperry
Android 1.0

Re: DLNA that work with Revue

Post by aperry »

I'm working with Serviio right now, which seems to be a fairly full featured free DLNA server. I may stay with this one. So far I cannot get it to index properly, but it does provide more careful controls over the way the folder structure is presented to the Revue, so at least I can have more efficient browsing of my media folders, which is very similar to how I navigated with the WDTV Live.

It's also supposed to support XBMC metadata files but I can't get anything (even the folder art) to show up on the Revue. Pretty sure folder art worked with Twonky, so I'll have to keep playing around with it. I may have to tweak the renderer profile.

Also, as an FYI, I am loving Media Center Master as a free tool for cleaning up downloaded media files (automatically adding metadata, renaming folders/files, etc). Very powerful.

Aaron
surprisinguy
Android 1.0

Post by surprisinguy »

resno wrote:I wanted to document the DLNA apps that work with the Revue.

Linux:
  • MediaTomb
Windows:
  • TVersity
  • Playon
Mac:
  • Netgear Stora (nas drive)
  • Nullriver Medialink
  • TVMobili
  • Netgear Readyshare
TVMobili works on Linux just fine
tamanaco
Android 1.0

Post by tamanaco »

DNLA Server under development:

Logitech Media Server (LMS) - Basically the Squeezebox Server (SBS) with a DLNA UPnP plugin and Web UI modifications

I posted some details and links for more info in the GoogleTV forum starting with post 7 in this thread:
http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/logi ... pdate.html
resno
The Green One
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by resno »

aperry wrote:I'm working with Serviio right now
What operating system does it work on?
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
aperry
Android 1.0

Post by aperry »

resno wrote:
aperry wrote:I'm working with Serviio right now
What operating system does it work on?
Windows, Linux, OSX
http://www.serviio.org/download
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

Just to update, the aVia app works great for hitting your dnla library. Plays my videos and my audio... no issues so far!

--X
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

xsirxx wrote:Just to update, the aVia app works great for hitting your dnla library. Plays my videos and my audio... no issues so far!

--X
Does it support MKV's with DTS audio? If the answer to that is yes, I'll install honeycomb right now, go the market and download that app.
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

Ill check when I get home for ya. Most of my videos are in mp4 but I have a couple in mkv.

--X
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

Welll maybe i have it setup wrong but aVia didnt even show my mkvs. The new logitech player did see them and played them without fail though. Hope that helps your decision.

--X
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

xsirxx wrote:Welll maybe i have it setup wrong but aVia didnt even show my mkvs. The new logitech player did see them and played them without fail though. Hope that helps your decision.

--X
Thanks, I actually went ahead and did the update already.... Avia doesn't find anything.. at all, MKV or not. It doesn't even find my DNLA server or give me any options other than looking on a USB drive. The Logitech app streams everything the old one did, thats good and bad. It'll play all my files except those MKV's with DTS audio :/ oh well, I might compile VLC for Android tonight and see if that doesn't do anything for me....