DLNA that work with Revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

xsirxx
Android 1.0

Re: DLNA that work with Revue

Post by xsirxx »

To clarify, VLC has an app for android. It runs on the revue. I dont run a VLC server, i use dlna but it should work just fine if you do run a VLC server... is that what you were asking?
aperry
Android 1.0

Post by aperry »

killer4110 wrote:
Like you said, This Beta, HC 3.1 is still in beta, it has not been officially released yet, there are alot of bugs still, you cant expect greatness and perfection in a beta release, give it some time, continue to dig and research.As i am typing this,my Revue rebooted,again. lol damnit

I am sure you are not the only one with this problem, some one on the forums will find a work around,and then you will be more than happy with the Revue, just give it some time :D
I'll probable end up keeping it. The only thing that I'm tempted to try is the Boxee box. I love the Revue's HDMI passthrough configuration though, so I'd really like to stick with it. And if we can get a real media streaming application for it then I think the Review would be superior in almost every way, and at half the price.
erandhawa
Android 1.0

Post by erandhawa »

Playon for pc works fine and I also have a netgear Stora (nas drive) that works well through dlna.
havikx
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by havikx »

ok...so i'm on a mac. i got tvmobili. I've set it up so it reads the folders i want it to and shares. i can see tvmobili on my menus for logitech media player. but when i click on videos or music...it says i have none. or, at least, doesn't display them. what am i doing wrong?
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

What version of revue? Because none of my files played till i updated to honeycomb...
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

3.1. as stated in my signature.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

Do u happen to be on wired? Mine has an easier time for some reason on wireless..

--X
veeeee
Android 1.0

Post by veeeee »

aperry wrote: I also tried PS3MediaServer, which I got to work after some fussing around. However it won't index my content so I can't use the search feature, which is a deal breaker for me. Not sure if this is a configuration issue, as PS3MediaServer is pretty complex.
Can you tell me how you got PS3MediaServer to work? I actually got it to list files once but it seemed to be a fluke and I was not able to repeat.
resno
The Green One

Post by resno »

veeeee wrote:
Can you tell me how you got PS3MediaServer to work? I actually got it to list files once but it seemed to be a fluke and I was not able to repeat.
What OS? Windows, Linux or Mac?
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
aperry
Android 1.0

Post by aperry »

veeeee wrote:
aperry wrote: I also tried PS3MediaServer, which I got to work after some fussing around. However it won't index my content so I can't use the search feature, which is a deal breaker for me. Not sure if this is a configuration issue, as PS3MediaServer is pretty complex.
I created a "Revue.conf" file, as specified here:
http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/vie ... b&start=10

It seemed to do the trick. But like I said, I could not get Logitech Media Player to index the content, which meant using that awful directory navigation to find any media. It was a deal breaker for me.