TVersity?

Moderator: Revue Mod

tht1guy
Android 1.0

TVersity?

Post by tht1guy »

Ok I have like a 2TB of movies that I use my Xbox to watch. My Revue will be here tomorrow and I'm just trying to figure out if anyone use TVersity and the GTV media player to stream movies from their PC and how they do it!

P.S. - 99.8% of my movies are AVI or DIVX format. (Will these play on the revue?)
rvcullen
Android 1.0

Re: TVersity?

Post by rvcullen »

I use tversity all the time, works fine for me and the revue. I didn't change any defualt settings on it and it just works. I have mostly AVI type files, BTW.
tht1guy
Android 1.0

Post by tht1guy »

awesome now I'm really excited... can you search or do you have to manually view your folders to access?
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

Yes, the menu structure is very very similar to the 360. My revue plays all my files that my 360 did, thats not saying much because the 360 is extremely picky, but your current collection that played on the 360 will play on the revue. that said NONE of them will run on the revue until its updated to honeycomb. That was one of the main reasons I updated. There is also a Plex client out if you want to use that server, the app is in our little collection dropbox.

Also note that I used GotSent to convert all my videos over to the mp4 360 standard. With the revue you most likely will not have to do that step anymore, and just watch whatever you have.

As far as search, I believe it is there but I dont use it because I know my folder structure and what I want to watch when I want to.

Goodluck you will enjoy it!

--X
tht1guy
Android 1.0

Post by tht1guy »

Oh crap I really don't know if I want to upgrade. Especially if there is a bunch of issues I keep reading about.
surprisinguy
Android 1.0

Post by surprisinguy »

I just started using tversity free and it does what it claims. I have 5 hard drives and I just added each one to be scanned. It streams everything to the revue just fine. Now the revue only plays certain files. There are lists posted on the site here. Most importantly is that the audio has to be AAC. If your avi or mkv files (these are just containers) dont have AAC audio encoding more than likely they wont play or even show up in the folders. You can access the flash login side of the tversity server by entering https://xxx.xxx.xx.xx/41952/flashlib in Chrome on the Revue (where the x's are the machine's IP address that is running tversity) and probably all of your files will show AND probably play because tversity re-encodes on the fly. My computer is a AMD FX-55 (kinda old these days) and the videos on the revue in this mode seem a tad delayed or processed looking. Hard to explain. Tversity recommends a multicore processor for smooth playback. If you pay for it they promise hulu and the blocked networks too. Pretty good product.
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

Im glad I updated, I was gunna wait till end of summer but said screw it. Havent looked back! The only issue I have is the sound about once every 2-3 days will get weird on my cable. So I just either hit the TV button again or reset my box with cntrl alt delete and the problem is solved. Otherwise no complaints, everything runs exactly how it should and all the apps i use on my phone run on it. Rhapsody, quick office, flixster, maps, email, weather, google music, plex, browser and all my media streams. Havent had any other issues, what issues are ya talking about?

btw I found that the revue was pretty worthless before updating. Afterwards I use this thing everyday, end up watching a heck of a lot less cable thats for sure. Ohh and the new TV lookup app is AWESOME it lists the shows by genre/type and shows the box art, havent had it fail yet. Its alot nicer for someone like me who cant stand reality shows and doesnt want to search 1000 channels for a movie. Heck I didnt even realize there are about 10 movies playing at all hours of everyday until I had this.

--X

EDIT: Grammar
tht1guy
Android 1.0

Post by tht1guy »

I was talking about all of the install issues and also not being able to use netflix will suck my son and wife use that alot on my xbox!
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

xsirxx wrote:Im glad I updated, I was gunna wait till end of summer but said screw it. Havent looked back! The only issue I have is the sound about once every 2-3 days will get weird on my cable. So I just either hit the TV button again or reset my box with cntrl alt delete and the problem is solved. Otherwise no complaints, everything runs exactly how it should and all the apps i use on my phone run on it. Rhapsody, quick office, flixster, maps, email, weather, google music, plex, browser and all my media streams. Havent had any other issues, what issues are ya talking about?

btw I found that the revue was pretty worthless before updating. Afterwards I use this thing everyday, end up watching a heck of a lot less cable thats for sure. Ohh and the new TV lookup app is AWESOME it lists the shows by genre/type and shows the box art, havent had it fail yet. Its alot nicer for someone like me who cant stand reality shows and doesnt want to search 1000 channels for a movie. Heck I didnt even realize there are about 10 movies playing at all hours of everyday until I had this.

--X

EDIT: Grammar
I cant get Quick Office or Maps to work at all, i have tried a number of times, just force closes...
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

Yea netflix doesnt run unfortunatly.. but the install issues were mainly based on the servers being down which are now back up so those should be cleared up.

Maps and quick office wont install? Are you using the versions on our dropbox? I installed those and ran them just fine on mine. I pull up all my email attachments with it everyday... if they dont run i wonder if something is different with your box. Can u check again and make sure its the one from our dropbox? If so when did you buy the revue?

--X