HC 3.1 On the Revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Re: HC 3.1 On the Revue

Post by zenofex »

koopakid08 wrote:Will we be able to upgrade from this when honeycomb is officially released?
I don't see why not.
koopakid08 wrote:Also couldn't you factory reset by booting into recovery to downgrade?
No, you cannot downgrade from a higher build number to a lower build.
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
bradgog
Android 1.0

Post by bradgog »

When will you release the update.zip file. I think we have all been waiting so long for this. Thank you so much for your hard work!!!!!!
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

Zenofex: I just want to congratulate you guys on finally getting this to work. I know you have been working hard at this for many months and am glad to see it payoff. Can't wait to get my hands on this, bugs be damned. I was just about to break down and get an Apple TV so that I could throw XBMC on there and have a reliable media player. Hopefully, this will eliminate the need to do that.

I won't ask the obvious ETA question (as much as I want to :D), but I am wondering whether this breakthrough will have any impact on your ability to root/upgrade the Sony GTVs as well?
bradgog
Android 1.0

Post by bradgog »

Have you found a lot of Applications from the market to be compatible with this modified version of 3.1? Seriously I am going to chew my fingernails off waiting for this!
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

Does this get us any closer to a software root?

What's the time frame for getting this file?

Off topic, but, Will it be possible for a developer to create an app that let's you hook up an external drive and be able to download videos from the web to the drive and play them later?

@devpal: why can't you use Logitech Media Player for streaming? Works great for me from my MBP using TwonkyMedia Server
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

jd567890 wrote:Does this get us any closer to a software root?

What's the time frame for getting this file?

Off topic, but, Will it be possible for a developer to create an app that let's you hook up an external drive and be able to download videos from the web to the drive and play them later?

@devpal: why can't you use Logitech Media Player for streaming? Works great for me from my MBP using TwonkyMedia Server
It used to work fairly well, but after one of the latter updates, it started having all sorts of problems with just about every type of video codec and every media server I've tried with it. I have not had these same problems with my Sony GTV, though. It has gotten to the point that I have hooked my jailbroken iPad to my TV and used XBMC off that instead of banging my head against the wall with the Revue.

I'm hoping that this HC release will give us the ability to edit the necessary files so that Hulu and other blocked content will again work.

One concern though. Is there a way to disable updates so that Google/Logitech doesn't force a patch which would prevent the use of this HC version? The jailbreak for Apple TV has this sort of update block installed (and it was a lifesaver for me when I ran a 1st gen Apple TV as my media server).
bradgog
Android 1.0

Post by bradgog »

Jesus the wait is killing me on this one for some reason, I have had my Revue for like 14 months and wrote a couple of Apps for it once Honeycomb was annouced back at I/O and I cannot wait to adb push them in to the system and try them out...please please release the update.zip.
dcplaya
Android 1.0

Post by dcplaya »

It will come. I think they are trying to get full root on the file before they release it. Right now its still locked down
haxzamatic
Android 1.0

Post by haxzamatic »

Any plans to release a update to install over TTL to keep UART1 open in recovery? Also did you just wipe and flash this over rooted b49116? Now I wish I had irssi running :( Honestly I don't know why I ask, if I had that update I would most likely just flash it at this point. The Revue is just pissing me off! It played 75% of my x264 stuff at one point, now it barely plays XVID. VLC and XBMC are the main apps I want to see, I'm sure other cool apps will come too. Thanks.
bradgog
Android 1.0

Post by bradgog »

It would just be nice to hear some more details at this point.