Netflix on HC 3.1 leaked update

Moderator: Revue Mod

Ike
Android 1.0

Netflix on HC 3.1 leaked update

Post by Ike »

So... really? There is no way to run Netlfix? I tried to manually find latest .apk that works even on tablets, installed it, but still it crashes.
Then I tried to change user-agent in stock browser and run directly through netflix.com - didn't work
Then I installed Dolphin HD, played with user-agent again - nothing (In Android mode can't see Flash, in Desktop mode - requires Silverlight)

So, please... if anyone finds a workaround, post it here!

Yeah btw, for some reason it's impossible to watch other Flash stuff also. After 10-15 minutes it says Adobe Shockwave plugin crashed. Even on Amazon Prime Videos. The only thing that works without any problems so far is youtube.
danger-rat
Contributor

Re: Netflix on HC 3.1 leaked update

Post by danger-rat »

Netflix is now working on the Chromebook.
http://m.engadget.com/default/article.d ... postPage=1

Has anyone tried accessing Netflix through the browser to see if it now works? I'm at work, but will be checking it our when I get home...
dcsoimpossible98
Android 1.0

Post by dcsoimpossible98 »

It doesn't seem to work. :cry: It requires you to install a plug-in, which honeycomb won't allow you to run. When you download the plug-in, it downloads as a .crx file which is not supported. If anyone knows of a way to run chrome extensions on honeycomb, let me know and I will try again.
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

Just curious for this issue, has anyone looked on a rooted 2.1 for the Netflix apk file and seen if there is one? I've been trying to find the stock apps from the 2.1 but have been unsuccessful. If someone has it, can they pull it off the revue and we can see if it might work for us, that's if this hasn't been tried already.
erandhawa
Android 1.0

Post by erandhawa »

No working apk yet but playon works fine. Once you set it up on a pc just go to g.playon.tv been using it for a couple of days problem free.