share apps confirmed working for google tv

Moderator: Revue Mod

User avatar
killer4110
Contributor
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:51 pm
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: share apps confirmed working for google tv

Post by killer4110 »

itpro2005 wrote:Hello,

I just brought my new device and it is updated to latest relese.

Do i need to root my Revue to install these applications from dropbox ?

If not, how can i install these applications?
Is there dropbox app for Revue?
Also, i want to install arabic keyboard and help on that since all arabic keyboard app can not be installed from android market which came with the Revue.

Thanks and please looking for your assistance and help.
:roll: :roll:
You do not need root to install the apps you want.

There is no dropbox app for the Revue,all you need to do is make a backup of the dropbox app using a file manager of your choice,then send it to your yourself through email. Open your email on your Google TV using the browser and click on the attachment,it will automatically start to download.

Now you have dropbox installed on your TV, one of the first apps to install is Orientation Control, once installed put it in Landscape mode,then start making back-ups of your favorite apps, and send them to your dropbox account.
There are other ways of installing apps on the Revue, i feel this is the quickest way to get started....
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
itpro2005
Android 1.0
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:40 pm
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: share apps confirmed working for google tv

Post by itpro2005 »

killer4110 wrote:
You do not need root to install the apps you want.

There is no dropbox app for the Revue,all you need to do is make a backup of the dropbox app using a file manager of your choice,then send it to your yourself through email. Open your email on your Google TV using the browser and click on the attachment,it will automatically start to download.

Now you have dropbox installed on your TV, one of the first apps to install is Orientation Control, once installed put it in Landscape mode,then start making back-ups of your favorite apps, and send them to your dropbox account.
There are other ways of installing apps on the Revue, i feel this is the quickest way to get started....

first Thanks for your reply.
What you mean of "all you need to do is make a backup of the dropbox app using a file manager of your choice" is to copy the apk file.
Do i need to use android phone to make backup or i can download the apk file of DropBox and send it to my email.
Since i am using iphone and the Revue is my first android device, i am not familiar with the backup of apps files.

Thanks again and waiting for your kind reply.
User avatar
killer4110
Contributor
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:51 pm
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: share apps confirmed working for google tv

Post by killer4110 »

itpro2005 wrote:
killer4110 wrote:
You do not need root to install the apps you want.

There is no dropbox app for the Revue,all you need to do is make a backup of the dropbox app using a file manager of your choice,then send it to your yourself through email. Open your email on your Google TV using the browser and click on the attachment,it will automatically start to download.

Now you have dropbox installed on your TV, one of the first apps to install is Orientation Control, once installed put it in Landscape mode,then start making back-ups of your favorite apps, and send them to your dropbox account.
There are other ways of installing apps on the Revue, i feel this is the quickest way to get started....

first Thanks for your reply.
What you mean of "all you need to do is make a backup of the dropbox app using a file manager of your choice" is to copy the apk file.
Do i need to use android phone to make backup or i can download the apk file of DropBox and send it to my email.
Since i am using iphone and the Revue is my first android device, i am not familiar with the backup of apps files.

Thanks again and waiting for your kind reply.
I sent you a PM, :D
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
rpadula
Android 1.0
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:27 pm
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: share apps confirmed working for google tv

Post by rpadula »

I've added the SlideMeMarket.apk since it worked on mine, would be a nice thing if emulators would start to appear that are working on revue....

you guys could create a aptoide repo for gtv since its working fine
itpro2005
Android 1.0
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:40 pm
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: share apps confirmed working for google tv

Post by itpro2005 »

killer4110 thanks alot for your assistance. it works for most of the application on the shared folder except as metion by other skybe is not working.
motoki
Android 1.0
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:35 am
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: share apps confirmed working for google tv

Post by motoki »

killer4110 wrote:Just put another APK in the community box, it is ColorNote, works well on the Google TV, you can even put sticky notes on your home screen.
The Dev just emailed me,and on August 29th, he is updating ColorNote, so it will sync between devices, so if you make a note on your phone, it will be on your tv ,or vice versa...... :D
On this note, as we are finding apps that work with Google TV but aren't in the market I strongly encourage people to email the developers and politely request they make their app Google TV enabled. They may not be aware their app works with Google TV nor have a device to test with, but if we can get more developers to put their apps in the Google TV market then we won't have to go through this process in order to get the to work.

Oh and re: getting apks by emailing to yourself, thumb drives etc, you can do these things but I find for the apps that are in the dropbox account it's easier to simply log into dropbox via the Google TV web browser with the login info in the first post and download them straight to the device.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:57 am
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: share apps confirmed working for google tv

Post by Discovered »

motoki wrote:
killer4110 wrote:Just put another APK in the community box, it is ColorNote, works well on the Google TV, you can even put sticky notes on your home screen.
The Dev just emailed me,and on August 29th, he is updating ColorNote, so it will sync between devices, so if you make a note on your phone, it will be on your tv ,or vice versa...... :D
On this note, as we are finding apps that work with Google TV but aren't in the market I strongly encourage people to email the developers and politely request they make their app Google TV enabled. They may not be aware their app works with Google TV nor have a device to test with, but if we can get more developers to put their apps in the Google TV market then we won't have to go through this process in order to get the to work.

Oh and re: getting apks by emailing to yourself, thumb drives etc, you can do these things but I find for the apps that are in the dropbox account it's easier to simply log into dropbox via the Google TV web browser with the login info in the first post and download them straight to the device.
I agree.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
ernitron
Android 1.0
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:56 am
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: share apps confirmed working for google tv

Post by ernitron »

Sorry folks. I just tried to enter dropbox with user [email protected] and pass GTV2011 (i also tried GTV2012 you never know..) but without success. Dropbox is still there? Are password or credetnial changed? Or am I doing something wrong?
Just soon after this message i did enter... any angel out there?

Thanks
Last edited by ernitron on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
killer4110
Contributor
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:51 pm
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: share apps confirmed working for google tv

Post by killer4110 »

ernitron wrote:Sorry folks. I just tried to enter dropbox with user [email protected] and pass GTV2011 (i also tried GTV2012 you never know..) but without success. Dropbox is still there? Are password or credetnial changed? Or am I doing something wrong?

Please reply.

Thanks
I just logged in using the same info you posted,
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
ernitron
Android 1.0
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:56 am
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: share apps confirmed working for google tv

Post by ernitron »

killer4110 wrote:
ernitron wrote:Sorry folks. I just tried to enter dropbox with user [email protected] and pass GTV2011 (i also tried GTV2012 you never know..) but without success. Dropbox is still there? Are password or credetnial changed? Or am I doing something wrong?

Please reply.

Thanks
I just logged in using the same info you posted,
Yes. I just enter. Dunno what happened. Thanks anyway
Post Reply
 

 

cron