Content Bypass on rooted 3.1 (UserDebug)

Moderator: Revue Mod

rdavidowski
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Content Bypass on rooted 3.1 (UserDebug)

Post by rdavidowski »

Hi

Still no nobody knows how CBS.com is blocking us with this method. It is realy weird because if they are doing it anybody else can including Hulu. Also it is being blocked on the rooted 2.1 Revue. I have 2 Revues one with each version and both are blocked by CBS.com. Any ideas here on what are they doing?
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Post by MStrawder »

Would love to have tried this, but I couldn't take the FC's and IR command lag from the UDB anymore. If I hit the volume or power button on the keyboard and the Revue was having a brain fart, it would generate a FC about 8 seconds later. So glad to have that issue solved. Besides, I got a year license for PlayOn.
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

i had this running great last night. then the update came, installed without asking me, and now i can't sh the boom.sh script. but its still on the revue. unfortunately it won't be for long cuz i have to factory reset. i lost chrome and a bunch of stuff.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
Zpped
Android 1.0

Post by Zpped »

Just to confirm for anyone else, this does not work on a rooted 2.1 box. It breaks the flash plugin entirely and requires a power cycle to fix. I've recreated the issue twice.
AZImmortal
Android 1.0

Post by AZImmortal »

Zpped wrote:Just to confirm for anyone else, this does not work on a rooted 2.1 box. It breaks the flash plugin entirely and requires a power cycle to fix. I've recreated the issue twice.
Rooted 2.1 is already capable of content bypass, so I'm not sure why you would need to try this.
Zpped
Android 1.0

Post by Zpped »

AZImmortal wrote:
Zpped wrote:Just to confirm for anyone else, this does not work on a rooted 2.1 box. It breaks the flash plugin entirely and requires a power cycle to fix. I've recreated the issue twice.
Rooted 2.1 is already capable of content bypass, so I'm not sure why you would need to try this.

Because its not currently working... Zenofex is working on a new work around atm.
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

Zpped wrote:
AZImmortal wrote:

Because its not currently working... Zenofex is working on a new work around atm.
lol. hulu people must read this site. i swear. i have feeling they are getting tired of seeing new ways to bypass their blocks.
T-mobile g1 - cm6
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Member xda forums
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

Yeah, there looking, damnit, we would have blocked that content if it weren't for them melding kids
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

Discovered wrote:Yeah, there looking, damnit, we would have blocked that content if it weren't for them melding kids
lol. well its a good thing we have the pro dev team @gtvhacker. we'd really be lost without them. i'm sure they'll figure out how to block it... but by that time they'll have a fix for 2.1 content bypass..and hulu will be back to work. only for the vicious cycle to continue...
T-mobile g1 - cm6
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Member xda forums
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

Zpped wrote:
AZImmortal wrote:

Check this post:

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/general/topic460.html#p3886

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx