Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Moderator: Revue Mod

derric
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Post by derric »

daddyfatsaxxx wrote:this didnt work for me. after entering recovery it formatted cache, data and another partition i think and then gave me the option to apply the update.zip from USB. Everything looked normal at that point. Then it verified the update, unpacked the update and started to apply it when it then just went to a blank screen with a triangle with an exclamation point in it. after 3-4 minutes the system reboots and quickly displays the recovery splash before going back to the triangle screen again...currently stuck in this loop
Just must not be my day...i messed up while changing my email address and now I cant reactivate my original account.

I was at 2.1 before trying the update. I didnt see any error messages. After reading how the process should have gone from the link you added above http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic15.html, it definately didnt reboot twice and appear to continue updating, it only rebooted the one time and started displaying the triangle screen.
derric
Android 1.0

Post by derric »

keedog wrote:WTF!!! You should delete this thread. this stupid method bricked my brand new revue. I had it for about 2 weeks. That goes to show you patience is a virtue. My impatient a$$ now gotta find a way to bring this shht back. The worse is this was posted in the logitech forum, which gave the link to this site. which made me believe that it was credible, but instead YOU want us to be test dummies!!! DO NOT TRY THIS METHOD!!!

Please can anyone tell me how to UNBRICK my revue?

as far as version i was on. Idk, I had it for 2 weeks, i remember it updating to the 2.1 update upon setting it up. Outside of that, I don't know what else to say. I put it on a 500mb flash drive. (yes fat32) I put it in there and it started just as it said it was suppose to, but then i get a big "triangle with an exclamation point in it" and now that's the only thing my revue shows.
and you expect help now?
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

derric wrote:
keedog wrote:WTF!!! You should delete this thread. this stupid method bricked my brand new revue. I had it for about 2 weeks. That goes to show you patience is a virtue. My impatient a$$ now gotta find a way to bring this shht back. The worse is this was posted in the logitech forum, which gave the link to this site. which made me believe that it was credible, but instead YOU want us to be test dummies!!! DO NOT TRY THIS METHOD!!!

as far as version i was on. Idk, I had it for 2 weeks, i remember it updating to the 2.1 update upon setting it up. Outside of that, I don't know what else to say. I put it on a 500mb flash drive. (yes fat32) I put it in there and it started just as it said it was suppose to, but then i get a big "triangle with an exclamation point in it" and now that's the only thing my revue shows.
and you expect help now?
lol. remember "gtvhacker is crap" thread. haha.

and yes...we are test dummies. but at least we are smart enough not to flash anything that has been verified to work by the community. should have waited for more feedback. you bricked your brand new revue and its not coming back. who's the dummy?

the word "hacker" in the website address didn't set off whistles for you?
Last edited by havikx on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
guy2545
Android 1.0

Post by guy2545 »

zenofex wrote:Hello GTVHacker Community!

DANGER!
At least 2 users have experienced a brick by going from 2.1->61925, if you are on an android 2.1 build (Anything other than the leaked builds). Then you must upgrade to 55579 before upgrading to the official release.
**PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE NEW OTA YOU MUST INSTALL THE BUILD IN THE FOLLOWING LINK**

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic15.html

Thanks,
Zenofex

Have you applied the update, or has anyone successfully applied the update? Obviously it doesn't work when coming from 2.1.
Last edited by guy2545 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
psxpimp
Android 1.0

Post by psxpimp »

Same thing happened.

I was on official OTA 2.1.
Followed instructions perfectly.

Add me to brick list and hope for a fix somehow.
[URL=https://matchnow.info]Superlative Сasual Dating[/URL]
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

psxpimp wrote:

Same thing happened.

I was on official OTA 2.1.
Followed instructions perfectly.

Add me to brick list and hope for a fix somehow.
wow...all these 1st posts just to say they bricked their revues. sad couple of days for the update. from not releasing fast enough, to brick devices. wonderful.

i'm thing that since zenofex says 2.1 to this update brickes...and the user debug has no recovery usb flash... then this is to update from the first 3.1 leak build. can any1 verify this please?
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

I'm messaging all the people who have confirmed bricks and offering to fix them for free (minus the cost of shipping both ways) and giving them a few other options. Please contact me if you have a bricked revue from this process.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
keedog
Android 1.0

Post by keedog »

havikx wrote:
derric wrote:

and you expect help now?
lol. remember "gtvhacker is crap" thread. haha.

and yes...we are test dummies. but at least we are smart enough not to flash anything that has been verified to work by the community. should have waited for more feedback. you bricked your brand new revue and its not coming back. who's the dummy?

the word "hacker" in the website address didn't set off whistles for you?
"who's the dummy" I reported back to this site, that this process didn't work, to stop future people from bricking there device, and now, you calling me a dummy? For real. wow. I said "delete the thread" cause youre giving mis-leading information and I get called a dummy. Then Okay, I'll be "your" dummy. To anyone else who who might be considered a dummy cause they believed what was read in the "logitech" forum about there logitech device. Beware some of these "friends" in this community are mean hateful people.

Moderator edit: Deleted second duplicate post, left original.
derric
Android 1.0

Post by derric »

zenofex wrote:I'm messaging all the people who have confirmed bricks and offering to fix them for free (minus the cost of shipping both ways) and giving them a few other options. Please contact me if you have a bricked revue from this process.

Thanks,
Zenofex

add me to the list, Im up for anything...worst case my local Best Buy still has them in stock
smith151
Android 1.0

Post by smith151 »

Look at the META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script especially "if (!file_exists("/mnt/data/.honeycomb.2"))" branch. This script can wipe /mnt/data. Is this the reason of bricking?

Code: Select all

mount("", "", "data", "/mnt/data");
if (!file_exists("/mnt/data/.honeycomb.2")) then (
        if (file_exists("/mnt/data/.eclair.9")) then (
                ui_print("Upgrading from Eclair...");

mount("", "", "chrome", "/mnt/chrome");
                delete_recursive("/mnt/chrome/tmp");
                set_owner_recursive(1098, 1098, "/mnt/chrome/bin");
                set_owner_recursive(1098, 1098, "/mnt/chrome/home");
                unmount("/mnt/chrome");

delete("/mnt/data/.eclair.9");
                unmount("/mnt/data");