Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Moderator: Revue Mod

johnnyva
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Can't go to recovery menue

Post by johnnyva »

ndgayan wrote:I cant go to recovery menue.... Please help me !!!!!!

I have HC 3.1 user debug build (b58801)

first I flashed original recovery using http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic254.html

after I did adb reboot recovery ----> Reboot it like normal (Don't show TV with Down Arrow)

Press reset button display TV with Down Arrow and that time
press ALT + L -----> Not going to recovery menue
press Fn + Left Arrow --------> Not going to recovery menue

Any one have any Idea to access recovery. Did I do wrong?

I've got the same issue, did you figure out the problem...searched and didn't see a response to your issue?!
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Re: Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Post by Discovered »

are you on 3.1 user debug
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
johnnyva
Android 1.0

Post by johnnyva »

Yes I am.
NZ Buc
Android 1.0

Post by NZ Buc »

mkiker2089 wrote:
NZ Buc wrote:I just got home from a few days away- lost chrome, so factory reset and everything is fine now.

How do I confirm I've received the OTA update? I had no message alerting me to an update (was on 3.1 user debug)
So loosing chrome is rather common I take it.

You know you are on the official release when it has a build number. Before the build said "user debug" and now it's just a number.

There's also a new splash screen. The "Logitech explosion" for lack of a better term. Before that it just booted up with the google man if I recall correctly.
Thank you - confirms mine updated while I was away then :) btw - I was surprised to see the gtv bot eating popcorn as my screensaver still, when I woke up this morning!
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

johnnyva wrote:

first I flashed original recovery using http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic254.html

after I did adb reboot recovery ----> Reboot it like normal (Don't show TV with Down Arrow)

I've got the same issue, did you figure out the problem...searched and didn't see a response to your issue?!
If you are on 58801 (UserDebug): You need to reflash the "un-crippled" version of recovery before you can access the recovery menu.
If you are on 61925: The reason you can't access the recovery menu is because that functionality has been disabled.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

zenofex wrote:
johnnyva wrote:

The reason you can't access the recovery menu is because that functionality has been disabled.

Thanks,
Zenofex
what about in the newest OTA? did they also disable the functionality of the recovery with the update? cuz i would love to try to flash back to user debug.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

havikx wrote: what about in the newest OTA? did they also disable the functionality of the recovery with the update? cuz i would love to try to flash back to user debug.

Oh I mis-read that, if you are on 58801 (UserDebug) you need to flash the old recovery back on and then issue a "adb reboot recovery" to reboot into recovery mode.
http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic254.html

If you are on 61925 then you are just stuck at the moment (as there is no root and the recovery is "crippled", there is nothing atm you can do).

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
Epimetheus
Android 1.0

Post by Epimetheus »

Just for the information. I was running the leaked beta version (not the userdebug). Today I noticed that Chrome wasn't installed anymore, the market crashes and everything was very unstable. After system recovery everything works fine, stable and very very smooth! Had some issues with connectivity to logitech,.. but just try a few times (over some hours) to accept the EULA and adding your TV, STB and AVR.
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

zenofex wrote:
havikx wrote: what about in the newest OTA? did they also disable the functionality of the recovery with the update? cuz i would love to try to flash back to user debug.

Oh I mis-read that, if you are on 58801 (UserDebug) you need to flash the old recovery back on and then issue a "adb reboot recovery" to reboot into recovery mode.
http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic254.html

If you are on 61925 then you are just stuck at the moment (as there is no root and the recovery is "crippled", there is nothing atm you can do).

Thanks,
Zenofex
damn. so if you updated to latest, your SOL about having any real control over your system? ok. time to buy a new revue, hardware root it, and give logitech a nasty call about the fact that they forced an update onto my hardware that was unwanted. every other android device i have had gives you some kind of prompt when update is available. logitech just did it in the middle of the night. i honestly really feel that without the content bypass, this thing is worthless. i have so many other devices in my home that run android. i have other devices in my home that watch anything from interwebz. there isn't anything on google tv that you can't do on other android devices. not to mention its built around intel and most android apps don't run on that natively. hope samsung and lg are smarter than logitech was with their locked-down, barely supported, nearly forgotten device.

sorry for the rant but you just confirmed my thinking in that we are totally helpless to do anything with this stupid box.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
tcmengineer
Android 1.0

Post by tcmengineer »

MStrawder wrote:My other suggestion would be the method mentioned here, but your system still accepts user input, so I'm not sure if it's the best approach. Zenofex would be able to answer that better.
It's looks like I may have a true brick other than the soldering method. I haven't soldered before and pretty damn scared about it.