Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Moderator: Revue Mod

Discovered
2.2 Froyo
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Post by Discovered »

tcmengineer wrote:Please help. Don't know what to do anymore. I had the beta version installed. I was in the process of updating via USB but unit only did a factory wipe. After going back into Google TV, I got the popup for update. "Sweet!" you would think...

When it tried updating, it got so far and then I get a white/grey traingle with a black exclamation point. I have been able to get into recovery and tried USB updating to OTA version, and i have even tried installingthe beta version. Each time I try to, I get the following error.

file_getprop: failed to stat "/mnt/system/build.prop": No such file or directory
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I haven't been able to find this issue (let alone a solution) on the forum. Appreciate the help... save my Revue :cry:
what build version are you
NZ Buc wrote:I just got home from a few days away- lost chrome, so factory reset and everything is fine now.

How do I confirm I've received the OTA update? I had no message alerting me to an update (was on 3.1 user debug)
Settings>about>build
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
tcmengineer
Android 1.0

Post by tcmengineer »

Discovered wrote:
tcmengineer wrote:Please help. Don't know what to do anymore. I had the beta version installed. I was in the process of updating via USB but unit only did a factory wipe. After going back into Google TV, I got the popup for update. "Sweet!" you would think...

When it tried updating, it got so far and then I get a white/grey traingle with a black exclamation point. I have been able to get into recovery and tried USB updating to OTA version, and i have even tried installingthe beta version. Each time I try to, I get the following error.

file_getprop: failed to stat "/mnt/system/build.prop": No such file or directory
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I haven't been able to find this issue (let alone a solution) on the forum. Appreciate the help... save my Revue :cry:
what build version are you

The first beta version, 55579.
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Post by MStrawder »

Corrupted zip file would be my first guess. Go through the motions again, formatting the drive, downloading and copying the file, etc. I would refrain from updating to the 3.1 UDB as it'll remove user input from recovery and if you can't boot normally, you won't be able to enable the settings needed for ADB.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

well if your on the beta build, just wait for the update ota.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
the.joeba
Android 1.0

Post by the.joeba »

camcdonald1 wrote:
camcdonald1 wrote:Has anyone figured a pattern/reasoning behind why some userdebug revues have gotten the OTA? I remember on an early version of android (cupcake maybe) users found a way to force an OTA though a series of steps. Thoughts?
Answered my own question! From logitech support they said to long press pair button (1 min) and release. Skip the setup steps and navigate to settings>about>update. This worked for me on userdebug with recovery added.
Can anyone else test to confirm?
I just did this on my userdebug with neutered recovery, and this worked. Thanks!
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Post by MStrawder »

Discovered wrote:well if your on the beta build, just wait for the update ota.
He seems to be stuck on the exclamation triangle screen, but is still able to access recovery.
tcmengineer
Android 1.0

Post by tcmengineer »

MStrawder wrote:
Discovered wrote:well if your on the beta build, just wait for the update ota.
He seems to be stuck on the exclamation triangle screen, but is still able to access recovery.
That's right. I have used different flash drives formatted several times, several downloads of zip (ota and beta), used Mac and PC. Get same error. Can only get to recovery or if I let it run, it gets to the grey triangle.
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Post by MStrawder »

My other suggestion would be the method mentioned here, but your system still accepts user input, so I'm not sure if it's the best approach. Zenofex would be able to answer that better.
mkiker2089
Android 1.0

Post by mkiker2089 »

NZ Buc wrote:I just got home from a few days away- lost chrome, so factory reset and everything is fine now.

How do I confirm I've received the OTA update? I had no message alerting me to an update (was on 3.1 user debug)
So loosing chrome is rather common I take it.

You know you are on the official release when it has a build number. Before the build said "user debug" and now it's just a number.

There's also a new splash screen. The "Logitech explosion" for lack of a better term. Before that it just booted up with the google man if I recall correctly.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

mkiker2089 wrote:

So loosing chrome is rather common I take it.

You know you are on the official release when it has a build number. Before the build said "user debug" and now it's just a number.

There's also a new splash screen. The "Logitech explosion" for lack of a better term. Before that it just booted up with the google man if I recall correctly.
Well the losing of apps is common, fix is reset. and the splash screen has been the same for me, i have had the "explosion" on mine from the box.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS