Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Moderator: Revue Mod

killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Post by killer4110 »

havikx wrote:ha...wow. this sucks. i just got the update.

i was planning on staying on the user debug. i lost adb root. i'm actually really upset about this. i wasn't even asked to accept the update. i just woke up and everything was all messed up with missing icons and stuff. checked the system version...and no more debug.

does any1 know if we can just flash back to user debug? or will it brick? also..did the update fix my recovery automatically? i don't wanna be on official software with botched recovery. cuz then i really can't get back.
I think you are the only person that said, "wow,this suck. i just got the update"

There are probably 20 people trying to jump at you through the computer right now......ha....
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
Discovered
2.2 Froyo
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Discovered »

haha, well i mean most people didnt use the root that much, so havikx loved his root and now must wait to get it back if it even happens...
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

Well i finally got the update, it took 3 factory resets in a row, then i could not change my time and there was the update...

I owe it all to the fine folks at GTVHacker.....

Thank You all................................................ :D
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
mkiker2089
Android 1.0

Post by mkiker2089 »

I was on the debug and also got the update. I broke the box however as it somehow killed chrome, all the chrome based links (Crackle, Roku, even the app store.) Luckily on a whim I did a factory reset and it fixed itself. It even restored my apps so all I had to do was restyle my home screen.
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

mkiker2089 wrote:I was on the debug and also got the update. I broke the box however as it somehow killed chrome, all the chrome based links (Crackle, Roku, even the app store.) Luckily on a whim I did a factory reset and it fixed itself. It even restored my apps so all I had to do was restyle my home screen.
That is the one thing i am grateful for, coming from the debug, to the official OTA, it backed up and restored all of my apps.
The one bug that i found so far was i can't uninstall apps, it says it is removed from my device, but if i go back into the Market, it says "open", when it shouldn't....
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

killer4110 wrote:
mkiker2089 wrote:I was on the debug and also got the update. I broke the box however as it somehow killed chrome, all the chrome based links (Crackle, Roku, even the app store.) Luckily on a whim I did a factory reset and it fixed itself. It even restored my apps so all I had to do was restyle my home screen.
That is the one thing i am grateful for, coming from the debug, to the official OTA, it backed up and restored all of my apps.
The one bug that i found so far was i can't uninstall apps, it says it is removed from my device, but if i go back into the Market, it says "open", when it shouldn't....
Do a factory reset.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

Discovered wrote:haha, well i mean most people didnt use the root that much, so havikx loved his root and now must wait to get it back if it even happens...
yea right. i call shenanigans. i really enjoyed having a REAL hulu work around on revue. plus the whole reboot recovery thing was much easier than trying to press the connect button with alt l and hope it works.

hoping the amazing gtvhacker team and figure out how to get partial root back on the official update. i'd like hulu to work again without having to use the flash download version. plus... an android device just isn't yours til it does everything you ask it to without limitations from cell providers and manufacturers.

this is a good weekend for many revue owners. it is a sad day for this one. i <3 root.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
NZ Buc
Android 1.0

Post by NZ Buc »

I just got home from a few days away- lost chrome, so factory reset and everything is fine now.

How do I confirm I've received the OTA update? I had no message alerting me to an update (was on 3.1 user debug)
tcmengineer
Android 1.0

Post by tcmengineer »

Please help. Don't know what to do anymore. I had the beta version installed. I was in the process of updating via USB but unit only did a factory wipe. After going back into Google TV, I got the popup for update. "Sweet!" you would think...

When it tried updating, it got so far and then I get a white/grey traingle with a black exclamation point. I have been able to get into recovery and tried USB updating to OTA version, and i have even tried installingthe beta version. Each time I try to, I get the following error.

file_getprop: failed to stat "/mnt/system/build.prop": No such file or directory
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I haven't been able to find this issue (let alone a solution) on the forum. Appreciate the help... save my Revue :cry:
M1cha
Android 1.0

Post by M1cha »

havikx wrote:plus the whole reboot recovery thing was much easier than trying to press the connect button with alt l and hope it works.
You can use the command "adb reboot recovery" from your pc after connecting to ADB.