Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Moderator: Revue Mod

magisternautaque
Android 1.0

Re: Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Post by magisternautaque »

Just bricked one of my revues with this update.
DemoManMLS
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by DemoManMLS »

I'm assuming since I have the 3.1 userdebug with the ADB command line mod applied on my Revue that I should be fine using this update then?
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

DemoManMLS wrote:I'm assuming since I have the 3.1 userdebug with the ADB command line mod applied on my Revue that I should be fine using this update then?
That's the idea, but I'd say at the moment do not upgrade unless you WANT to be the guinea pig.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
bartnyogi
Android 1.0

Post by bartnyogi »

Has anyone running the 3.1 beta or user debug (1st adding the appropriate recovery) successfully applied the update?
DemoManMLS
Android 1.0

Post by DemoManMLS »

zenofex wrote:That's the idea, but I'd say at the moment do not upgrade unless you WANT to be the guinea pig.
I'll hold off then until its confirmed to work.
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

zenofex wrote:I'm messaging all the people who have confirmed bricks and offering to fix them for free (minus the cost of shipping both ways) and giving them a few other options. Please contact me if you have a bricked revue from this process.

Thanks,
Zenofex

your a much larger man than i, sir. guess I've just been around long enough to know the old phrase "don't hold me responsible for bricked devices, broken sdcards, world hunger, thermonuclear war. flash at your own risk."

good thinking pulling the download if your gonna get stuck replacing a bunch of revues. but now the pros can't get to it.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
magisternautaque
Android 1.0

So, I've got two revues, one bricked 2.1 (thanks to this update) and one leaked 3.1 (not user debug) should I risk bricking the 3.1 then just mail them both to zenofex?
Last edited by magisternautaque on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

havikx wrote:
zenofex wrote:I'm messaging all the people who have confirmed bricks and offering to fix them for free (minus the cost of shipping both ways) and giving them a few other options. Please contact me if you have a bricked revue from this process.

Thanks,
Zenofex

your a much larger man than i, sir. guess I've just been around long enough to know the old phrase "don't hold me responsible for bricked devices, broken sdcards, world hunger, thermonuclear war. flash at your own risk."
I would hate to be in the position of any of these users with a brick so I don't mind providing my services when available to help users out. Its unfortunate we don't have an easier all software method to fix it though :(
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
hmanxx
Android 1.0

Post by hmanxx »

in the event of bricking...is there any JTAG method or serial line to do low level recovery ? any sure working method on this..if this is available..we can try our luck..
magisternautaque
Android 1.0

btw, when I unplug the bricked 2.1 then plug it back in and hold the pairing button, I get the screen with the downward arrow but no combination of fn+left arrow or alt+L will get me to recovery. If I could just get to recovery maybe I could install the old leaded 3.1
Last edited by magisternautaque on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.