Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Moderator: Revue Mod

i4mt3hwin
Android 1.0

Re: Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Post by i4mt3hwin »

FYI for anyone having problems with the recovery. I plugged in a regular USB keyboard, rebooted and hit alt-l once and it finally worked. I also had the wireless keyboard turned off during that time
trin20t
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by trin20t »

Also could you provide your build number so i can compare it to mine?[/quote]

Yep it is KA2X-201111.091818.USER-B61925

Firmware version 3.1

I think someone else also posted the same build but had problems. So you see it is the same.
running 1.5 Cupcake and 1.6 Donut on a ePad and a Archos 7 Home tablet. 2.2 Froyo on PC. 3.1 Honeycomb on Logitech Revue. Loving Android!
phiednate
Android 1.0

Post by phiednate »

I can confirm that you will get the official 3.1 update with the userdebug. I was actually in the process of setting up the android stk so I could install the un-neutered recovery and do the upgrade manually when the update popup showed up. You don't have to have the un-neutered recovery to get the update from the 3.1 userdebug via OTA.
trin20t
1.5 Cupcake

Post by trin20t »

strvmarv wrote:I was on user debug as well, but my Revue decided to update itself. Although, everything FC'd (Apps, settings, etc.) until I did a Factory Reset.

build number: ka2x-20111123.091818.user-b61925

Same build number. Some of my things are acting shitty too.
Also did you notice there is now more storage space in this build?
I have alot of apps and yet it says I have 204mb left! Before I had only 54mb left. Nice!
running 1.5 Cupcake and 1.6 Donut on a ePad and a Archos 7 Home tablet. 2.2 Froyo on PC. 3.1 Honeycomb on Logitech Revue. Loving Android!
Bangeranguh
Android 1.0

Post by Bangeranguh »

phiednate wrote:I can confirm that you will get the official 3.1 update with the userdebug. I was actually in the process of setting up the android stk so I could install the un-neutered recovery and do the upgrade manually when the update popup showed up. You don't have to have the un-neutered recovery to get the update from the 3.1 userdebug via OTA.

I just wish it would hurry its prettty little self up. I WANT ITTTT
trin20t
1.5 Cupcake

Post by trin20t »

Having some errors in this version. I managed to save some sites as apps to the list before. They no longer open.
Market is taking forever to load and shows a black screen.
Settings are fine.
All my apps are there and most still work.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

I have been watching tv, and using apps on my revue for about four hours with no problems.. I wonder why few people are having little errors/glitches.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
bartnyogi
Android 1.0

Post by bartnyogi »

That's what I thought - so to confirm:

I start updating the Official release, then at some stage I have to use adb again, and put the same "un-neutered recovery" on my revue again, and then it will work fine? (Or do I update the release again then or something?)[/quote]

Sorry for delayed response. Away from computer for a bit: 1st-- It sounds as though people are getting the OTA to the debug build without doing anything. Looks as though ppl are trying to confirm, but you may want to hold off. If you want to go ahead:

You may or may not have to re-flash the un-neuter recover. If you do this is how I did it: Follow the instructions on the 1st page of this thread. When you get the recovery screen (TV with down arrow) hit Alt - L. If your recovery (un-neutered recovery) is still good you'll see words on the bottom left of the screen (formatting data/cache, etc....) and eventually will get a full recovery screen where you can choose 'apply zip from USB'. IF instead of getting the formatting text and going to the screen that let's you choose 'apply zip from USB' your box just goes into a reboot and asks you to re-log in you'll know that you have to re-flash the recovery. To do that I had to set the Revue up again, re-enable debugging, and re-enter the IP address to my laptop with ADB on it. Once I did that I was able to re-flash the un-neutered recovery then started on the update from step one [hold pair button until you see recovery screen (down arrow), Hit Alt-L, etc...].
phiednate
Android 1.0

Post by phiednate »

trin20t wrote:Having some errors in this version. I managed to save some sites as apps to the list before. They no longer open.
Market is taking forever to load and shows a black screen.
Settings are fine.
All my apps are there and most still work.
I ended up having to do a factory reset when coming from the userdebug version. I was missing some apps like TV & Movies and was getting FCs but everything is fine after the reset.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

you will have to do a factory reset once you update, you can do it by going into settings>privacy
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS