Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Moderator: Revue Mod

Discovered
2.2 Froyo
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Post by Discovered »

That is weird that your audio went out, everything is running smooth.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
bartnyogi
Android 1.0

Post by bartnyogi »

I am on the 3.1 User Debug build, with the original HC recovery flashed onto it via adb. (From this thread: http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic254.html)[/quote]

That is what I was on. What you may find is that you need to 'reflash the recovery' (i.e. add it to the Revue using ADB a second time) in order to get the update to work. Make sense?
trin20t
1.5 Cupcake

Post by trin20t »

My Revue was using the 3.1 debug. Well it showed the update on my tv. Now I let my tv sit this way for 10 mins showing the update on screen. Now it just updated itself to the official build on it's own!
If you have the 3.1 debug version people just wait until your Revue updates itself. Don't get confused.
running 1.5 Cupcake and 1.6 Donut on a ePad and a Archos 7 Home tablet. 2.2 Froyo on PC. 3.1 Honeycomb on Logitech Revue. Loving Android!
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

seems the ota is going to debug revues!
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
NZ Buc
Android 1.0

Post by NZ Buc »

bartnyogi wrote:I am on the 3.1 User Debug build, with the original HC recovery flashed onto it via adb. (From this thread: http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic254.html)
That is what I was on. What you may find is that you need to 'reflash the recovery' (i.e. add it to the Revue using ADB a second time) in order to get the update to work. Make sense?[/quote]

That's what I thought - so to confirm:

I start updating the Official release, then at some stage I have to use adb again, and put the same "un-neutered recovery" on my revue again, and then it will work fine? (Or do I update the release again then or something?)
Character Zero
Android 1.0

Post by Character Zero »

trin20t wrote:My Revue was using the 3.1 debug. Well it showed the update on my tv. Now I let my tv sit this way for 10 mins showing the update on screen. Now it just updated itself to the official build on it's own!
If you have the 3.1 debug version people just wait until your Revue updates itself. Don't get confused.
Did you have the un-neutered recovery installed?
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

I had the recovery installed and i did not get the update in a timley fashion ;) so i downloaded it. great question
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

trin20t wrote:My Revue was using the 3.1 debug. Well it showed the update on my tv. Now I let my tv sit this way for 10 mins showing the update on screen. Now it just updated itself to the official build on it's own!
That is correct, if you do not apply the update yourself, it will eventually update, i think they said the time limit was 30 minutes...
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
Bangeranguh
Android 1.0

Post by Bangeranguh »

Ok i have user debug 3.1 with the origional hc revovery flashed via adb. I see people have recieved the ota. Could someone please explain what steps your took to get the ota?
trin20t
1.5 Cupcake

Post by trin20t »

Character Zero wrote:
Did you have the un-neutered recovery installed?

Nope.
running 1.5 Cupcake and 1.6 Donut on a ePad and a Archos 7 Home tablet. 2.2 Froyo on PC. 3.1 Honeycomb on Logitech Revue. Loving Android!