Netflix in 3.1 via PlayOn?

Moderator: Revue Mod

burner
Android 1.0

Netflix in 3.1 via PlayOn?

Post by burner »

Has anyone tried playing Netflix content under 3.1 via PlayOn? I really want to update my Revue to 3.1 but Netflix is a must have for me at the moment since I don't have cable.
jm9843
Android 1.0

Re: Netflix in 3.1 via PlayOn?

Post by jm9843 »

burner wrote:Has anyone tried playing Netflix content under 3.1 via PlayOn? I really want to update my Revue to 3.1 but Netflix is a must have for me at the moment since I don't have cable.
I haven't tried it (don't have PlayOn installed at the moment), but it should work on 3.1 the same way that it did on 2.1. That is, using Flash in the browser.

As a bonus, you could try side-loading the PlayOn apk to see if it will work better that way. If I had time right now, I'd test it for you. But, unfortunately, it'd probably need to wait until next week sometime.
albertmartel
Android 1.0

Post by albertmartel »

yes Netflix via Playon works..you still have to change user agent to custom.. then go gtv.playon.tv and you should see your Playon server like before you updated..
erandhawa
Android 1.0

Post by erandhawa »

Noob question but what useragent string should I be using for the custom user agent?
erandhawa
Android 1.0

Post by erandhawa »

I figured it out, you actually don't need to modify the user agent at all. You can leave it at default, clear your cache reboot the logitech then go to:

g.playon.tv

works nice and the interface is pretty nice as well.