Updating to future USB updates from HC "User-Debug" leak

Moderator: Revue Mod

Kamotekid
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Updating to future USB updates from HC "User-Debug" leak

Post by Kamotekid »

I'm noob using Adb, i manage to connect on my device. I get stuck on pushing and flashing my device. The recovery image is on c/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools/recovery.img. Thnx
bthoven
Android 1.0

Post by bthoven »

May be a dumb question.

I'm still using the stock 2.1 firmware and 'm willing to try the beta and debug updates.

My question is after completing the beta update and before updating with the debug, may I unzip the debug zip file, replace the recovery.img with this new recovery.img, rezip the debug zip file and then update my Revue with the newly-zipped debug?

Thanks in advance.
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

Kamotekid wrote:I'm noob using Adb, i manage to connect on my device. I get stuck on pushing and flashing my device. The recovery image is on c/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools/recovery.img. Thnx
You may want to check out what I'm about to say, I haven't done this on the revue... but from reading the first post and adding my knowledge of adb....

First enable ADB debugging on your revue, and enter the local IP of your computer with android-sdk

1. CD to ADB's directory in cmd (without quotes and parenthesis, and without the ":"): "CD (**ADB DIRECTORY HERE***)" (mine is "c:\program files (x86)\android\android-sdk\platform-tools"; so I would type in exactly: cd c:\program files (x86)\android\android-sdk\platform-tools

2. Connect to ADB (using your the local IP of your revue, for this example, I used mine)
:adb connect 192.168.1.114

3. Run ADB with Root
:adb root

you should get the message "restarting adbd as root"

4. Reconnect to Revue once it has restarted (again, replace YOUR LOCAL ip with the one below)

5. Take your Recovery.img and place it IN the SAME FOLDER that ADB is located in (simple copy + paste, and approve admin privileges if you're on win7)
-- Technically you can skip this step, but it just makes it much easier. Instead of following this step, you could move straight to step #6 and enter without quotes, and with the actually c:\"directory" :adb push "c:\your\local\dir\with\recovery" /tmp/recovery.img

6. Push recovery.img to revue.

:adb push recovery /tmp/recovery.img

7. Flash recovery.img to revue
:adb shell flash_image revovery /tmp/recovery.img

@KamoteKid, make sure you've done everything right, make sure once you got root and it restarts, that you connect again.
If that doesn't work, try starting CMD as admin. Also, just open file explorer, find the directory of the recovery.img then copy and paste the directory into cmd
adb push (your copy+paste)\recovery /tmp/recovery.img

And yes, make sure your command is as follows :adb push recovery /tmp/recovery.img

From looking at the first post, the command listed doesn't LOOK right, from doing things similar to this on my xoom, which could very well be different from this; with "adb push local remote" I have to leave leave .img off the command for the "local" part. So one last time "adb push recovery /tmp/recovery.img"

Hope something in post has helped ya

And if I am wrong about the ".img" on the "local" part of the command, please correct me somebody.
Last edited by parrotheadmjb on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

bthoven wrote:May be a dumb question.

I'm still using the stock 2.1 firmware and 'm willing to try the beta and debug updates.

My question is after completing the beta update and before updating with the debug, may I unzip the debug zip file, replace the recovery.img with this new recovery.img, rezip the debug zip file and then update my Revue with the newly-zipped debug?

Thanks in advance.
You could try it, I wouldn't really suggest it though, I don't think it will work since it must be signed to flash; could be wrong, but I don't think that would work...
netomx
Android 1.0

Post by netomx »

parrotheadmjb wrote:
Kamotekid wrote:I'm noob using Adb, i manage to connect on my device. I get stuck on pushing and flashing my device. The recovery image is on c/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools/recovery.img. Thnx
You may want to check out what I'm about to say, I haven't done this on the revue... but from reading the first post and adding my knowledge of adb....

First enable ADB debugging on your revue, and enter the local IP of your computer with android-sdk

1. CD to ADB's directory in cmd (without quotes and parenthesis, and without the ":"): "CD (**ADB DIRECTORY HERE***)" (mine is "c:\program files (x86)\android\android-sdk\platform-tools"; so I would type in exactly: cd c:\program files (x86)\android\android-sdk\platform-tools

2. Connect to ADB (using your the local IP of your revue, for this example, I used mine)

3. Run ADB with Root
:adb root

you should get the message "restarting adbd as root"

4. Reconnect to Revue once it has restarted (again, replace YOUR LOCAL ip with the one below)

5. Take your Recovery.img and place it IN the SAME FOLDER that ADB is located in (simple copy + paste, and approve admin privileges if you're on win7)
-- Technically you can skip this step, but it just makes it much easier. Instead of following this step, you could move straight to step #6 and enter without quotes, and with the actually c:\"directory" :adb push "c:\your\local\dir\with\recovery" /tmp/recovery.img

6. Push recovery.img to revue.

:adb push recovery /tmp/recovery.img

7. Flash recovery.img to revue
:adb shell flash_image revovery /tmp/recovery.img

@KamoteKid, make sure you've done everything right, make sure once you got root and it restarts, that you connect again.
If that doesn't work, try starting CMD as admin. Also, just open file explorer, find the directory of the recovery.img then copy and paste the directory into cmd
adb push (your copy+paste)\recovery /tmp/recovery.img

And yes, make sure your command is as follows :adb push recovery /tmp/recovery.img

From looking at the first post, the command listed doesn't LOOK right, from doing things similar to this on my xoom, which could very well be different from this; with "adb push local remote" I have to leave leave .img off the command for the "local" part. So one last time "adb push recovery /tmp/recovery.img"

Hope something in post has helped ya

And if I am wrong about the ".img" on the "local" part of the command, please correct me somebody.

Indeed. it's gonna be: adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/

Also, you dont need to adb root, you can use: adb shell

then, in the shell, type su

then, the command prompt will change to #
and you're on root now.
aladar
Android 1.0

Post by aladar »

aladar wrote:hi
please help!
revue normal start :cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd0tXScoFhY
update mode :cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBwLvXtgeHE
aladar wrote:hi
i've just deployed the system HC3.1, which was working correctly..
when the manufacturer blocked all the "beta users", i've tried to put back on set the original firmware
i started to run the B39953 firmware from usb-pendrive and the deploying procedure stopped
since that moment it works as it can be seen on the videos
all versions you can find on wiki happens tha same the deploying procedure stops
Kamotekid
Android 1.0

Post by Kamotekid »

Thanks for reply im gonna try it again.
trin20t
1.5 Cupcake

Post by trin20t »

I can't connect to 192.168.200.251:5555. I keep getting "unable to connect". But that's my IP on the Revue. I even turned off the firewall on my router. Nothing works.
running 1.5 Cupcake and 1.6 Donut on a ePad and a Archos 7 Home tablet. 2.2 Froyo on PC. 3.1 Honeycomb on Logitech Revue. Loving Android!
trin20t
1.5 Cupcake

Post by trin20t »

trin20t wrote:I can't connect to 192.168.200.251:5555. I keep getting "unable to connect". But that's my IP on the Revue. I even turned off the firewall on my router. Nothing works.
Nevermind. I got it. I was connect to my other router on my pc and not the right ip. I did it rright now.
running 1.5 Cupcake and 1.6 Donut on a ePad and a Archos 7 Home tablet. 2.2 Froyo on PC. 3.1 Honeycomb on Logitech Revue. Loving Android!
Kamotekid
Android 1.0

Post by Kamotekid »

i mannage to flash the recovery image. theres one bad block .the output code just skip the bad block and write it on the next block. i tried going on recovery menu without the any update file on my usb, but i can't go on the recovery menu...i tried using the steps flashing the user debug.i just want to confirm so incase the update comes... thnks