Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Moderator: Revue Mod

zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by zenofex »

The community has really taken off recently. In the past month or so, we had a 3.1 beta release (which, was great). That is now being followed up by this release, 3.1 User Debug for the Logitech Revue. Thats right, userdebug! What does that mean? It means, root - via software. All you need to do is install this update, and you have root. We would like to thank a "Mr. Anonymous" for sending us this update, without him this release would not be possible!

WARNING, WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON
1. We tried updating from 2.1 to this -it bricked, so don't do that! (upgrade to 3.1 original beta first ( http://ul.to/zagbgu9w or http://www.fileserve.com/file/GtNsbVf), then this)
2. It seems nearly complete - so bet on a real 3.1 user release in the coming weeks from Logitech.
3. Although root is accessible through adb and su. Kernel modules, Kernel, Bootloader = all still signed. Memory is protected, so it's sadly not much of an improvement.
4. The Recovery Menu DOES NOT work, so if you update to this, prepare to be stuck on it (at least, for now). Also if it bricks you are SOL, this is an unofficial leak and voids your warranty
5. It has Netflix!

P.S. Here is your message, on the forums :)

Edit: MAKE SURE NOT TO UNPLUG THE BOX BETWEEN UPGRADES! Holding the recovery button will automatically reboot the box, also a Ctrl+Alt+Del from the keyboard will work as well. UNPLUGGING MAY RESULT IN A BRICK!

Instructions on how to fix the triangle with exclamtion point brick that occurs from going from 2.1->Userdebug without having gone to b55579 can be found at:
http://forum.gtvhacker.com/post3148.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41D7LMGO (Mirror: http://ul.to/fw62d0ry)
(DO NOT USE WITHOUT READING ABOVE NOTES!)
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
mrandroid
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by mrandroid »

Zeno, when you say that the recovery doesn't work, can you give specifics? is the recovery in the file corrupted, and it force pushes the corrupted recovery on install?
Is the zip itself signed or the components within it, and if just the components, could you pull the recovery from the beta and put it in this debug release?
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

The recovery itself actually runs which will do the basic task of wiping /data and /cache, but the previously accessible menu that allowed users to update from USB is now inaccessible.
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
mrandroid
Android 1.0

Post by mrandroid »

zenofex wrote:The recovery itself actually runs which will do the basic task of wiping /data and /cache, but the previously accessible menu that allowed users to update from USB is now inaccessible.
So just to reiterate for the layman what you've said, the recovery menu is still intact, but user access to it has been removed. This means that you can still potentially receive updates from google/logitech, but you can't hand install updates via USB.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

Do we install this the same way we installed the 3.1 beta,meaning,insert usb,unplug,plug back in and so forth,or do we just plug in usb and let it do its stuff??
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
mrandroid
Android 1.0

Post by mrandroid »

killer4110 wrote:Do we install this the same way we installed the 3.1 beta,meaning,insert usb,unplug,plug back in and so forth,or do we just plug in usb and let it do its stuff??
to update this:

1. you have to already be on the HC3.1 beta;
2. put this update on a flash drive like you did before with the beta;
3. get into the recovery menu like you did before (unplug power, plug power back in, after 1 second hold down the button on the back until it reboots then shows the google tv logo again, press ALT+L to get into the recovery menu);
4. install the update via the recovery menu.
Last edited by mrandroid on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

mrandroid wrote:
killer4110 wrote:Do we install this the same way we installed the 3.1 beta,meaning,insert usb,unplug,plug back in and so forth,or do we just plug in usb and let it do its stuff??
to update this:

3. get into the recovery menu like you did before (unplug power, plug power back in, after 1 second hold down the button on the back until it reboots then shows the google tv logo again, press the appropriate buttons to get into the recovery menu);
Thanks,i will have to go back into the forums because i believe the appropriate buttons are changed now,correct me if i am wrong.
My only problem now is,i cant find my flash drive,lol, time to wake the house up.......
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
mrandroid
Android 1.0

Post by mrandroid »

killer4110 wrote:
mrandroid wrote:
to update this:

3. get into the recovery menu like you did before (unplug power, plug power back in, after 1 second hold down the button on the back until it reboots then shows the google tv logo again, press the appropriate buttons to get into the recovery menu);
Thanks,i will have to go back into the forums because i believe the appropriate buttons are changed now,correct me if i am wrong.
My only problem now is,i cant find my flash drive,lol, time to wake the house up.......

Yea it's ALT+L I'll update the above post with it. I knew it changed, but I didn't bother to look at what exactly it was before posting this lol.

also, once you update it, tell me how it is. I haven't updated yet.
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

I cant find my flash drive,and i am just about out the door to go to work,i cant install until tonight, i was hoping channelandroid would have a video....
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
mrandroid
Android 1.0

Post by mrandroid »

Well i'm installing it right now. I'll report back when I'm done.

Edit: Ok I'm back with some notes:
01: No problem installing and setting up. Didn't get any errors when adding my TV nor my Tivo.
02: TV & Movies app is working in this build, as is netflix.
03: The black color black background issue is no longer present. I sideloaded an app that was having the issue before, and it displays beautifully in this build.
04: The Chrome browser still cannot install extensions, and neither chrome://flags nor chrome://extensions brings up anything but a blank white screen.
05: The snes emulator I tried still isn't working (crash on boot), but I'm guessing this is an issue with the Revue being an intel processor as opposed to an ARM processor. emulators are coded heavily for specific processor types, so IMHO this won't work until they are coded specifically for the intel processor within the android app.
Last edited by mrandroid on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.