Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Moderator: Revue Mod

davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by davpel »

Thanks, cj_000. So besides getting a newer HC build with working Netflix, are there any real-world benefits to taking the risk and flashing this? What does root without RW system access offer the end user? Does getting this build help you guys get closer to possibly unlocking the bootloader in the future?

Sorry for so many questions. Just trying to understand the implications of this leak.
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

Nope- ask away. Pretty much, unless your a developer, or someone interested in seeing more of the systems inner workings, it's not for you. Wait for the final 3.1 release, with netflix that should be around soon (I'm saying this week, but who knows).
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

cj_000 wrote:Nope- ask away. Pretty much, unless your a developer, or someone interested in seeing more of the systems inner workings, it's not for you. Wait for the final 3.1 release, with netflix that should be around soon (I'm saying this week, but who knows).
Gotcha, loud and clear.
jm9843
Android 1.0

Post by jm9843 »

mrandroid wrote:Well i'm installing it right now. I'll report back when I'm done.

Edit: Ok I'm back with some notes:
01: No problem installing and setting up. Didn't get any errors when adding my TV nor my Tivo.
02: TV & Movies app is working in this build, as is netflix.
03: The black color black background issue is no longer present. I sideloaded an app that was having the issue before, and it displays beautifully in this build.
04: The Chrome browser still cannot install extensions, and neither chrome://flags nor chrome://extensions brings up anything but a blank white screen.
05: The snes emulator I tried still isn't working (crash on boot), but I'm guessing this is an issue with the Revue being an intel processor as opposed to an ARM processor. emulators are coded heavily for specific processor types, so IMHO this won't work until they are coded specifically for the intel processor within the android app.
Can you confirm what version of Flash in included by browsing to the following page? http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
dew912
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by dew912 »

Has anyone tried the AdFree android app or tried manually editing the host file? Web browser without ads or flash is a dream for me on my revue!
waxlabo
Android 1.0

Post by waxlabo »

can the netflix apk from this be extracted to work with the beta?
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

No - as netflix on these units are not just the apk, its a large series of files instead, which can't be put onto the beta due to the limitations of /system
desi_chora
Android 1.0

Post by desi_chora »

Just tried to install this update on 3.1. Installation went smooth but when I am trying to accept Logitech Legal Notice (on screen 7 of 11) it says "The network is unavailable". Anyone else also got the same error?

EDIT: Nevermind, I clicked "Back" button and entered my Wifi connection info and this time it worked.

My Observation:

1.Till this point I do not see frequent FC on Chrome which I used to encounter with HC 3.1 beta release
2. Market is working but is populated very few apps and I was able to install some of them (all are installable)
3. I installed some of the apps through APK via dropbox and they are working fine
4. Played a HD movie through netflix and worked fine w/o any problem.

Will update you as I keep exploring more.
Last edited by desi_chora on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coggy9
Android 1.0

Post by coggy9 »

desi_chora, I'm getting the same error, but it says "Authentication failure." on mine.
EDIT: Just keep hitting retry, it'll work soon enough.
mattykinsx
Android 1.0

Post by mattykinsx »

Definitely awesome that progress seems to be coming along.

Gonna hold off though, don't wanna risk being stuck.