Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Moderator: Revue Mod

killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by killer4110 »

mrandroid wrote:Well i'm installing it right now. I'll report back when I'm done.

Edit: Ok I'm back with some notes:
01: No problem installing and setting up. Didn't get any errors when adding my TV nor my Tivo.
02: TV & Movies app is working in this build, as is netflix.
03: The black color black background issue is no longer present. I sideloaded an app that was having the issue before, and it displays beautifully in this build.
04: The Chrome browser still cannot install extensions, and neither chrome://flags nor chrome://extensions brings up anything but a blank white screen.
05: The snes emulator I tried still isn't working (crash on boot), but I'm guessing this is an issue with the Revue being an intel processor as opposed to an atom processor. emulators are coded heavily for specific processor types, so IMHO this won't work until they are coded specifically for the intel processor within the android app.
Nice, thanks for the update
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
Pinesal
Android 1.0

Post by Pinesal »

Wait so if we install this, we won't be able to manually install anything else ever again?
mrandroid
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by mrandroid »

Pinesal wrote:Wait so if we install this, we won't be able to manually install anything else ever again?
Updates no...well kinda no. It removes the recovery menu, but you can still install updates via official update, and there's the potential possibility to update via ADB (still working that one out). Also, if say, the next official update has access to the recovery menu, and you update from this to the official, then you will once again have access to the recovery menu.
daren226
Android 1.0

Post by daren226 »

if i update to this,

i would automatically receive the future official update from Logitech right?
mrandroid
Android 1.0

Post by mrandroid »

daren226 wrote:if i update to this,

i would automatically receive the future official update from Logitech right?
That is unknown at this time. If the official update has a higher version number than this one, and this one doesn't block receiving and downloading the official one, then it will download it and update it.
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

Could someone who has flashed this do me a huge favor and check to see whether video will not work with the Plex App?

Thanks!
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

when you say memory is locked are you saying that the system files cannot be modified?
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

gottahavit wrote:when you say memory is locked are you saying that the system files cannot be modified?
No, it means you can't tinker inside memory, however all files in /system are mounted RO, and they can not be re-mounted.

To clarify what mrandroid said - if you install this, assume you will not be able to update, maybe something will come around - but again, assume you can't update, ever.
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

cj_000 wrote:
gottahavit wrote:when you say memory is locked are you saying that the system files cannot be modified?
No, it means you can't tinker inside memory, however all files in /system are mounted RO, and they can not be re-mounted.
Can we change the flash user agent to get Hulu and other blocked content working?
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

davpel wrote:
cj_000 wrote:
Can we change the flash user agent to get Hulu and other blocked content working?
I do not believe so, since that data is stored in /system. Due to the whole chain of trust thing, we are pretty much stuck at trying to circumvent the bootloader, which Intel made sure is no easy task.