Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Moderator: Revue Mod

User avatar
killer4110
Contributor
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:51 pm
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by killer4110 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:50 am

mrandroid wrote:Well i'm installing it right now. I'll report back when I'm done.

Edit: Ok I'm back with some notes:
01: No problem installing and setting up. Didn't get any errors when adding my TV nor my Tivo.
02: TV & Movies app is working in this build, as is netflix.
03: The black color black background issue is no longer present. I sideloaded an app that was having the issue before, and it displays beautifully in this build.
04: The Chrome browser still cannot install extensions, and neither chrome://flags nor chrome://extensions brings up anything but a blank white screen.
05: The snes emulator I tried still isn't working (crash on boot), but I'm guessing this is an issue with the Revue being an intel processor as opposed to an atom processor. emulators are coded heavily for specific processor types, so IMHO this won't work until they are coded specifically for the intel processor within the android app.
Nice, thanks for the update
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse

Pinesal
Android 1.0
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by Pinesal » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:03 am

Wait so if we install this, we won't be able to manually install anything else ever again?

mrandroid
Android 1.0
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:53 pm
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by mrandroid » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:51 am

Pinesal wrote:Wait so if we install this, we won't be able to manually install anything else ever again?
Updates no...well kinda no. It removes the recovery menu, but you can still install updates via official update, and there's the potential possibility to update via ADB (still working that one out). Also, if say, the next official update has access to the recovery menu, and you update from this to the official, then you will once again have access to the recovery menu.

daren226
Android 1.0
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:33 am
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by daren226 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:36 am

if i update to this,

i would automatically receive the future official update from Logitech right?

mrandroid
Android 1.0
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:53 pm
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by mrandroid » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:06 am

daren226 wrote:if i update to this,

i would automatically receive the future official update from Logitech right?
That is unknown at this time. If the official update has a higher version number than this one, and this one doesn't block receiving and downloading the official one, then it will download it and update it.

davpel
1.5 Cupcake
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by davpel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:13 am

Could someone who has flashed this do me a huge favor and check to see whether video will not work with the Plex App?

Thanks!

gottahavit
1.6 Donut
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:53 pm
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by gottahavit » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:44 am

when you say memory is locked are you saying that the system files cannot be modified?

cj_000
1.6 Donut
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:13 pm

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by cj_000 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:56 am

gottahavit wrote:when you say memory is locked are you saying that the system files cannot be modified?
No, it means you can't tinker inside memory, however all files in /system are mounted RO, and they can not be re-mounted.

To clarify what mrandroid said - if you install this, assume you will not be able to update, maybe something will come around - but again, assume you can't update, ever.

davpel
1.5 Cupcake
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by davpel » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:04 am

cj_000 wrote:
gottahavit wrote:when you say memory is locked are you saying that the system files cannot be modified?
No, it means you can't tinker inside memory, however all files in /system are mounted RO, and they can not be re-mounted.
Can we change the flash user agent to get Hulu and other blocked content working?

cj_000
1.6 Donut
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:13 pm

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by cj_000 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:09 am

davpel wrote:
cj_000 wrote:
gottahavit wrote:when you say memory is locked are you saying that the system files cannot be modified?
No, it means you can't tinker inside memory, however all files in /system are mounted RO, and they can not be re-mounted.
Can we change the flash user agent to get Hulu and other blocked content working?
I do not believe so, since that data is stored in /system. Due to the whole chain of trust thing, we are pretty much stuck at trying to circumvent the bootloader, which Intel made sure is no easy task.

Locked
 

 

Login  •  Register