Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

towboy123
1.5 Cupcake

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Post by towboy123 »

xsirxx wrote:
foreverinour wrote:My keyboard doesn't work for half the functions for fios tv. The arrows mainly. It seems fine for the internet. The volume seems quieter now
You have to turn up the volume on the revue by using the keyboard before you setup your tv. It will push the volume from 70% to 100%.
There might be a way inside the settings but this is how I did it.
I was able to readjust after a CTRL ALT DLT. As well
dapanix
Android 1.0

Post by dapanix »

txyaloo wrote:
dapanix wrote:help me :|
i had modded and installed update on my nexus one, but now with google tv the problem is great.

There is other method tor restore the firmware original?
dapanix wrote:Hi!
I Have a big problem!

I installed Honeycomb 3.1 on my Logitech Revue, being full of bugs, I'm trying to restore the last firmware original (signed-ota_update-b51795.zip) but, after access in recovery and install update.zip, out error installation aborted failed to stat build.pro.

I tried flash release Honeycomb 3.1 but go only error.

attached screen http://static.nexus-lab.com/wp-content/ ... 115116.jpg

probably the only way to solve this problem is to use Android sdk.

Help me...THanks
You can't go back to a pre-Honeycomb firmware at this time. That disclaimer is in the download thread...
I can not even install the honeycomb.
Automatically restarts in recovery
norrafi
Android 1.0

Post by norrafi »

I installed my Revue with HC3.1 and happily with interface & capable to install apps. But, you cannot shutdown by pulled-out power cable, it will stay at Logitech boot logo after that. I experience 2 times already.

What I do, let Revue stay at boot logitech logo as long as 5 minutes (or more), then push connect button until restart. After Logitech logo appear, just use ALT+L. Done.

So, next time to shutdown is ALT+CTL+DEL(restart), pull-out power cable.
twit me @norrafi
blindfeel
Android 1.0

on H3.1 USB problem

Post by blindfeel »

when USB connect to revue with H3.1 then online shockwave crash many times.

Without USB online video like Youtube work well but not when USB connected

Plz Help me
mauro_ferrara
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by mauro_ferrara »

cj_000 wrote:Hey Guys,

Sitting here in the forums, your missing all the fun, someone on freenode #gtvhacker just dropped a link to the Honeycomb 3.1 update for the Logitech Revue!

http://pastebin.com/6VfJBmMv

To quote:
Here it is everyone, Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) BETA On the Logitech Revue.

http://www.load2all.com/files/BE2FD2F97 ... 9.zip.html

This is BETA, it is not meant to be widely used and has bugs. If that's something you don't care about and would like to risk it anyway, install the update. Also, If you want to help Logitech and Google out buy another Revue ( preferably from logitech.com ), at $99 its worth every penny.

If you want to help, mirror this file in as many places as possible. I'm sure it'll be taken down quickly

Thanks!
We have added this to the wiki. Please update the Wiki docs as its designed for this.
http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/HC3.1onRevue

To install:

Copy the update.zip to a Fat32 formatted USB drive, place it in its root (ie /mnt/usb/update.zip or E:\update.zip)

Plug USB drive into Revue. Fully unplug revue. Plug it back in, count to One (a long one, say one mississippi), then hold down the connect button (keep it held). The Revue logo will come up, and the box will reboot, your tv will lose signal, and come back to the Revue logo. At this point, let go of the button.

The GTV logo will then show up, with an arrow and a horizontal "barbershop scroll". At this point, on your Revue's keyboard, press the FN key (in yellow) and the left arrow (to the left of the OK button). It will then come up to a recovery menu.

Hit "Apply update from sdcard:/update.zip"

The box will verify the update, and reboot. This is normal. It is installing an updated bootloader and recovery image (both, heavily encrypted).

Then, the box will come back on, and flash the latest kernel and system files. Once this is done, the box will reboot again.

This bootup may take a few minutes, at first you will see the Revue logo, then the Google TV logo, then the "new" logo (a grey tv over a ball glowing red). Just wait it out.

You can then begin setup, as normal. You may notice some crashes - this software is still beta, you should be able to force close and continue.

EDIT: There have been reports of issues proceeding with the honeycomb setup wizard that we are still looking into. Please at least for the time being refrain from installing the update unless youwant to risk not being able to use you're revue.

EDIT 2: People are now reporting that one can go thru the setup wizard without issue now, but still - update at your own risk!

Hi, sorry for my english.
If I make the update to Honeycomb Beta, I lost the futures updates by OTA???
I can make a restore to ORIGINAL Stock, after install Honeycomb???
Thank you!!!!
And apologize for my bad english.

Mauro
Logitech Revue
From Argentina
cpen
Android 1.0

Post by cpen »

mauro_ferrara wrote:Hi, sorry for my english.
If I make the update to Honeycomb Beta, I lost the futures updates by OTA???
I can make a restore to ORIGINAL Stock, after install Honeycomb???
Thank you!!!!
And apologize for my bad english.

Mauro
Logitech Revue
From Argentina
As far as I understand, once you update to Honeycomb, you can't go back.
Aff
Android 1.0

Post by Aff »

Hi has anyone got the clockwork recovery mod working? I get my revue next week and have been using cwm for backing up and restoring various roms on my advent Vega tablet - now running 3.2 over the stock 2.2. Looking forward to participating more in this forum.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

Aff wrote:Hi has anyone got the clockwork recovery mod working? I get my revue next week and have been using cwm for backing up and restoring various roms on my advent Vega tablet - now running 3.2 over the stock 2.2. Looking forward to participating more in this forum.
I have it installed, but there is not much you can do with it without having ClockworkMod Recovery installed,and it tells you as soon as you install it,superuser was not found...........
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

Just left a friends house, he bought the Revue ($99) ,and the HC 3.1 updated with no problems......
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
blumail
Android 1.0

Post by blumail »

a power outage seems to have killed my revue...now is stucked on the logitech revue splash screen :( any idea how to enter in recovery mode with 3.1 ? ALT + L doesn't work doing the reset button as for the update