Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Post by davpel »

I'm 100% opposed to that. This is a community dedicated to making the GTV more functional for all of its members. I don't think it is appropriate to hide/hoard information and make it available only to those who were "lucky" enough to catch it at the right time. If the original poster wanted to keep this secret, he should not have bragged about it here. Once that occurred, he had an obligation, IMHO, to share it with the community which, to his enormous credit, he did.

Should we stand on the top of a mountain and shout about this workaround to the world (i.e. tip off Engadget and the like)? Absolutely not. But sharing the information with members of this forum, implications be damned, is the right thing to do.
calipup
Android 1.0

Post by calipup »

davpel wrote:I'm 100% opposed to that. This is a community dedicated to making the GTV more functional for all of its members. I don't think it is appropriate to hide/hoard information and make it available only to those who were "lucky" enough to catch it at the right time. If the original poster wanted to keep this secret, he should not have bragged about it here. Once that occurred, he had an obligation, IMHO, to share it with the community which, to his enormous credit, he did.

Should we stand on the top of a mountain and shout about this workaround to the world (i.e. tip off Engadget and the like)? Absolutely not. But sharing the information with members of this forum, implications be damned, is the right thing to do.

I for one appreciate what "she" provided.
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

calipup wrote:
davpel wrote:I'm 100% opposed to that. This is a community dedicated to making the GTV more functional for all of its members. I don't think it is appropriate to hide/hoard information and make it available only to those who were "lucky" enough to catch it at the right time. If the original poster wanted to keep this secret, he should not have bragged about it here. Once that occurred, he had an obligation, IMHO, to share it with the community which, to his enormous credit, he did.

I for one appreciate what "she" provided.
Ouch! So sorry. Missed that completely. And because of the type of writing that I do for a living, I'm usually very sensitive to watching for gender issues. I guess I must have been stymied by the username, but I should not have assumed anything.

Again, I apologize!
thewilliams1
Android 1.0

Post by thewilliams1 »

and I'd say delete this whole thread .. if a tree falls in the woods and all that.
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

So, for me it only works for about 7-10 minutes or so then crashes and I have to reload. Also I get a question to update or ignore every time I load the swf. Anyone else get this?
PuppyHacker
Android 1.0

Post by PuppyHacker »

You got further then me, I can't even figure out how to install it :(
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

PuppyHacker wrote:You got further then me, I can't even figure out how to install it :(
There is no install...you just go to the URL..unless I'm missing something
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

jd567890 wrote:So, for me it only works for about 7-10 minutes or so then crashes and I have to reload. Also I get a question to update or ignore every time I load the swf. Anyone else get this?
Same here, but I also get crashes about 10 minutes in on Amazon Streaming and just about every other video I try to watch on the HC leak.
havikx
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by havikx »

davpel wrote:
jd567890 wrote:So, for me it only works for about 7-10 minutes or so then crashes and I have to reload. Also I get a question to update or ignore every time I load the swf. Anyone else get this?
Same here, but I also get crashes about 10 minutes in on Amazon Streaming and just about every other video I try to watch on the HC leak.
Seems like a bug. I had justin.tv streaming watching raw and it froze every 10min but audio continued.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
dapanix
Android 1.0

Post by dapanix »

Hi!
I Have a big problem!

I installed Honeycomb 3.1 on my Logitech Revue, being full of bugs, I'm trying to restore the last firmware original (signed-ota_update-b51795.zip) but, after access in recovery and install update.zip, out error installation aborted failed to stat build.pro.

I tried flash release Honeycomb 3.1 but go only error.

attached screen http://static.nexus-lab.com/wp-content/ ... 115116.jpg

probably the only way to solve this problem is to use Android sdk.

Help me...THanks