Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Post by gdeeble »

Here's what I'd check:
USB Stick formatted to fat32
Show extensions on, on the PC and not a double zip extension and says update not a whole lot of garbly goop.update.zip
File on the root of the USB Stick
File found from one of the multiple 3rd party host
Tried both usb ports

If all of those match try a different host and redownload the update.zip file. Just my .02. :)
arnold88
Android 1.0

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 Worked For Me!

Post by arnold88 »

Installed with a Patriot 16GB usb. No problems, rebooted, went to market and installed a file manager (BlackMoon filemgr?).

The 3.1 beta makes the device much more usefull and no problems so far.
dapanix
Android 1.0

Post by dapanix »

help me :|
i had modded and installed update on my nexus one, but now with google tv the problem is great.

There is other method tor restore the firmware original?
dapanix wrote:Hi!
I Have a big problem!

I installed Honeycomb 3.1 on my Logitech Revue, being full of bugs, I'm trying to restore the last firmware original (signed-ota_update-b51795.zip) but, after access in recovery and install update.zip, out error installation aborted failed to stat build.pro.

I tried flash release Honeycomb 3.1 but go only error.

attached screen http://static.nexus-lab.com/wp-content/ ... 115116.jpg

probably the only way to solve this problem is to use Android sdk.

Help me...THanks
foreverinour
Android 1.0

Post by foreverinour »

My keyboard doesn't work for half the functions for fios tv. The arrows mainly. It seems fine for the internet. The volume seems quieter now
bitbang3r
Android 1.0

Post by bitbang3r »

In case anybody is having problems with the bootloader failing to react to Fn+left-arrow, I was able to fix it by just reformatting the 3 partitions as though I were re-rooting my Revue. I removed the power cord, plugged in the USB drive, connected the power, waited a second, held the button until the HDMI signal went away and returned, then pressed Alt+L

After it finished formatting, I got the menu and was able to proceed with updating from the flash drive.

NOTE: My Revue was rooted when I did this. I have no idea whether it will work, or even whether it's safe to try this, on a Revue that has never been rooted.
foreverinour
Android 1.0

Post by foreverinour »

so it seems like if your revue loses power/gets unplugged improperly it doesnt boot up/run anymore? or at least theres a chance of that happening?
txyaloo
Android 1.0

Post by txyaloo »

dapanix wrote:help me :|
i had modded and installed update on my nexus one, but now with google tv the problem is great.

There is other method tor restore the firmware original?
dapanix wrote:Hi!
I Have a big problem!

I installed Honeycomb 3.1 on my Logitech Revue, being full of bugs, I'm trying to restore the last firmware original (signed-ota_update-b51795.zip) but, after access in recovery and install update.zip, out error installation aborted failed to stat build.pro.

I tried flash release Honeycomb 3.1 but go only error.

attached screen http://static.nexus-lab.com/wp-content/ ... 115116.jpg

probably the only way to solve this problem is to use Android sdk.

Help me...THanks
You can't go back to a pre-Honeycomb firmware at this time. That disclaimer is in the download thread...
deolarte
Android 1.0

Post by deolarte »

I just installed docstogo, but Now i have to register to type up documents, you are also able to look at all the data in the phone, maybe by adding a flashdrive and opening docs and resaving to apk we can install and open ups, or possible rooting method?
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

foreverinour wrote:My keyboard doesn't work for half the functions for fios tv. The arrows mainly. It seems fine for the internet. The volume seems quieter now
You have to turn up the volume on the revue by using the keyboard before you setup your tv. It will push the volume from 70% to 100%.
There might be a way inside the settings but this is how I did it.
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

deolarte wrote:I just installed docstogo, but Now i have to register to type up documents, you are also able to look at all the data in the phone, maybe by adding a flashdrive and opening docs and resaving to apk we can install and open ups, or possible rooting method?
I'm not sure I follow. You can open docs stored on the gtv drive or the usb drive, but that's no different than using a file manager to see what has been saved. I don't see any data from my android phone on the docstogo app installed on my gtv.