Re: Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Post by jnd03 »

Ruben,
any fixes or workarounds?
ReubenS
Android 1.0

Post by ReubenS »

One workaround might be HTTP proxying to filter out that particular 404 and replace it with either a harmless 200 response or redirect through an alternative URL, assuming one exists. It'd be interesting to see what this Harmony traffic looked like pre-beta... maybe there's an older server that will support the older service protocol.

I don't have my Revue today so can't investigate the feasibility of that.
jalvini
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by jalvini »

Has anyone come up with a fix for these errors yet as it is very annoying not to be able to connect this to my set top box. I also found out that when I try to remove the TV that I added that was already on the list of Samsung T.V's I cannot remove it it says its removing it but then it just shows right back up. Anyone else having problems with that.

Someone needs to look into a fix for this as it would be awesome to actually be able to use this with my STB
tcrews
Android 1.0

Post by tcrews »

Add your devices during the day time. Someone (Zenofex) pointed out in another thread that Logitech shuts down their "beta" servers so the "beta honeycomb" can't connect during the server shutdown time frame.

After reading that yesterday, I came home from work (4:30PM Eastern Time) and added my Cable box/provider, TV and Receiver models with no issues. This was two or say days after trying over and over and over and over and constantly getting failures the "night" I installed the update.
Last edited by tcrews on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
robert600f4i
Android 1.0

Post by robert600f4i »

@tcrews I've been having this problem for over a week now and it was the just because I always tried at night.. worked perfect thanx a million
resno
The Green One

Post by resno »

It seems the discussion regarding the release has stopped. I am closing this thread, please open a new thread to talk about what ever issues or compliments.
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::