Files over 2 gig's on HC 3.1

Moderator: Revue Mod

airwake
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Files over 2 gig's on HC 3.1

Post by airwake »

Ok, just updated my Revue to 3.1 the other night and among other issues(which I wont bring up here) my Revue doesn't see any files over 2 gigs on my hard drive plugged into my Belkin N750DB router. Any file under two gigs is seen and plays fine. If I plug the hard drive into my Macbook and run my Playon server everything plays fine, even 13gig MKV files with AC3 audio. Any ideas? Also, all of the files are seen when I use XBMC on my Apple TV 2.
ender_x
Android 1.0

Re: Files over 2 gig's on HC 3.1

Post by ender_x »

perhaps turn on adb and get us a copy of your logcat output. not likely we'll be able to fix it.. I'd just be interested in seeing what the errors were.

Also.. perhaps try and load a >2GB file onto a usb drive and play locally to indentify if its to do with the dlna client or the media player.
airwake
Android 1.0

Post by airwake »

I have tried plugging a USB drive into the Revue itself and it doesn't see the >2gig file that way. Considering what I do believe these box's will become capable in the future I might just go buy another one to leave as stock on 2.1 to see if I have the same issue.
mrandroid
Android 1.0

Post by mrandroid »

I wonder if it has something to do with FAT32 FS. I'm pretty sure that Android devices are run off of an Ext3 and Ext4 FS, but being as the revue is the first official android device running off of an Intel processor, that might be different. The reason I say this, is because FAT32 has a 2GB file size limit, and it can't read/write anything bigger than 2GB. I also know that external media (i.e. Micro SD Cards) have to be formatted to FAT32 in order to work with Android.