Moderator: Revue Mod

Chipster
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Faulty box?

Post by Chipster »

sceptic wrote:
Chipster wrote:
zenofex wrote:Gotta hit ALT-L (maybe several times) after reboot to access recovery. May take several attempts. From there, do Factory Reset. If no joy - then may try loading fresh stock zip.
ALT+L at the "Logitech Revue with Google TV" screen following the reboot? I ask because if its a later screen I never get that far...
Need to hit before the Revue screen. Hard for me to time it. Best bet seems to hold Alt-L with one hand - while holding the pair button to reboot with the other - bit of a juggle...
sceptic
Android 1.0

Post by sceptic »

I've given up on this box and contacted Amazon for a replacement one, so fingers crossed the next one will go a bit smoother...!

Thanks to Zenofex and Chipster for your suggestions.
sceptic
Android 1.0

Post by sceptic »

Chipster wrote:Need to hit before the Revue screen. Hard for me to time it. Best bet seems to hold Alt-L with one hand - while holding the pair button to reboot with the other - bit of a juggle...
Quite why they have to have such a complex method I don't know! I can see people having trouble with that... Most boxes simply detect if a valid firmware update file is present at boot time and offer to install it...