Watch web TV with a browser?

Moderator: Revue Mod

walts
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Watch web TV with a browser?

Post by walts »

I want to be able to go to, for example, cbs.com and watch (ad-supported) versions of recent TV shows, the same as I can with a PC. The built-in Chrome browser seems to have some identifier that marks this as a Revue, and so the web site refuses to show the programs.

I thought an alternate browser would work, so I installed Dolphin from the Dropbox directory linked from this forum, but it refuses to run - it says "portrait mode is unavailable on this device, and quits.

Question: can I watch network TV shows - either by changing something in Chrome, or using another browser? If so, how do I do it.

I'm running Honeycomb on my Revue.

Walt
OutOfFocusTV
Android 1.0

Re: Watch web TV with a browser?

Post by OutOfFocusTV »

I haven't used Honeycomb but I imagine the workaround is the same.

Basically, you have to change the user agent to "Generic" which tricks sites that aren't looking too hard into thinking you're just a regular browser.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/18/play ... -one-sett/
http://www.OutOfFocus.TV - Live Music for your living room.
padido
Android 1.0

Post by padido »

cool - thanks for the tip! now i'm neglecting my grepolis and travian browser games and watch tv much more :)
Last edited by padido on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
walts
Android 1.0

Post by walts »

Good idea - but I still get the message that says, "We notice that you're trying to watch Hulu from a Google TV ... wait until we work out some terms".

There must be some other way that Hulu is identifying the device as a Google box. Frustrating, since the main reason I bought the *&^% thing was to watch episodes I missed via the Internet.

Walt
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

You could buy a new revue, I'm sure at 99$.... you may have another tv in your house? Lol
Root that one, and run breakvue scripts on it. This will install the hacked version of flash player so hulu thinks your on a desktop, plus android market access. But you wouldn't be able to upgrade to honeycomb...yet...

There is a work-around flotting around here somewhere. I use it. It crashes every 15min so you have to refresh and skip forward to finish episode....but it works. I don't wanna tell cuz hulu will block it. Thanks to eveNJ though, she is the original wistleblower. Check the honeycomb leak thread. Very carefully.

Or watch my youtube video. Search "hulu revue 3.1" and I'm sure it'll show up.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums