extract Netflix for 3.1 revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

npavlo
Android 1.0

extract Netflix for 3.1 revue

Post by npavlo »

Guys,
I searched and even posted this question over in the comfirmed working apps section with no response.
http://forum.gtvhacker.com/post936.html#p936

Can anyone through ADB extract the netflix APK from a stock rooted device? The leaked version does not come with it. I want to try to side load it and see what happened. The "unlocked/hacked" versions people keep trying do not work, I figure why not try the one for the original revue.

I found a thread with a "dump" of the Revue, but it looks to me like it is a dump of the 3.1 leak (the apk list somewhat confirms that).
http://forum.gtvhacker.com/viewtopic.ph ... &view=next
txyaloo
Android 1.0

Re: extract Netflix for 3.1 revue

Post by txyaloo »

It's been posted many times that the original Netflix apk from 2.1 is not working in 3.1. The same APK has also been posted on the shared dropbox.
npavlo
Android 1.0

Post by npavlo »

Shoot, I am sorry. I thought people were porting over other hacked netflix apks.

Mods can delete this then.
eve79nj
Android 1.0

Post by eve79nj »

it's a system application with system libraries...it actually has a 25mb folder in the system folder which is not included inside the apk...the nextflix.apk on android phones is for ARM processors and wont work with intel ce devices....if 3.1 gets rooted i am sure you can just place all the required files in the correct locations.....
tdweng
Android 1.0

Post by tdweng »

I hate to rain on everyones parade, but only way you going to get netflix in the near future is by an official update. Even with root it very unlikely that you will be able to modify much of the system as we have currently seen. It is going to take a lot of work to crack this open to release its full potential.