Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
fatejd
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by fatejd »

Would have searched, but doesn't look like there is search on these forums...

When I play 480p (DVD quality) video through GTVBox on my Revue, on my 720p TV, it is boxed on sides and top and bottom. 720p content looks fine. Is there a setting I missed about scaling it?
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

fatejd wrote:Would have searched, but doesn't look like there is search on these forums...

When I play 480p (DVD quality) video through GTVBox on my Revue, on my 720p TV, it is boxed on sides and top and bottom. 720p content looks fine. Is there a setting I missed about scaling it?
There is a search option up top to the right, next to the FAQ button, just enter your keywords and hit enter.

Sorry i couldn't answer your question..... :(
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
fatejd
Android 1.0

Post by fatejd »

killer4110 wrote:
fatejd wrote:Would have searched, but doesn't look like there is search on these forums...

There is a search option up top to the right, next to the FAQ button, just enter your keywords and hit enter.

Sorry i couldn't answer your question..... :(
Ah, it works now. It was giving me a 404 earlier - I assumed it was disabled.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

I suppose you have a letterboxed movie. That is when black bars are added to 16:9 video and it becomes 4:3. Unfortunately, Revue is not able to scale video content out of the screen.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
fatejd
Android 1.0

Post by fatejd »

mcd2000 wrote:

I suppose you have a letterboxed movie. That is when black bars are added to 16:9 video and it becomes 4:3. Unfortunately, Revue is not able to scale video content out of the screen.
I guess that could be the case, although all my videos sourced from DVD are 720x480, but look fine (fill the screen) with Plex and on my computer.
davewolfs
Android 1.0

Post by davewolfs »

A couple of things regarding subtitles.

1. Subtitles should support the language name appended after the file name and before the srt extension. For example.

the.skin.i.live.in.2011.bluray.1080p.dts.x264-chd.mkv
the.skin.i.live.in.2011.bluray.1080p.dts.x264-chd.en.srt
the.skin.i.live.in.2011.bluray.1080p.dts.x264-chd.fr.srt

The above sub titles will not be picked up unless you have an exact match to the movies file name.

2. Embedded MKV subtitles do work but always cause the player to crash.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

davewolfs wrote: 1. Subtitles should support the language name appended after the file name and before the srt extension.

2. Embedded MKV subtitles do work but always cause the player to crash.
1. I am looking for the way to support this.
2.Always? That's bad..
Could you, please, send me a log as described here: http://player.gtvbox.net/sendlog
I didn't find logs from your device in crashlog database.
Thanks.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
Fisniku
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by Fisniku »

Whenever I play a movie with the GTVBox player my Samsung tv switches from 60Hz to 24Hz. Anybody know why this happens?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Fisniku wrote:Whenever I play a movie with the GTVBox player my Samsung tv switches from 60Hz to 24Hz. Anybody know why this happens?
I think it is because of 24p setting in Blu-ray preferences. I have the same not only in GTVBox, but with YouTube also.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
Fisniku
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by Fisniku »

You are right. I turned it off in the preferences and it no longer switches to 24Hz. Thanks! It was anoying because the Samsung TV notification about the switch covered the top of the screen and i couldnt see the list of items on GTVBox. What is the point of it doing that as a default? Isn't 60Hz better then 24Hz.