My revue can not reboot

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

jeffrapp
Android 1.0

Re: My revue can not reboot

Post by jeffrapp »

Congrats! It looks like you've probably bricked you box. Welcome to the club. It seems that pulling the power from 3.1 units will usually brick them. See this thread for more info. Nobody seems to have a solution quite yet, but some people have been able to get their boxes back up again with what is either good timing or luck.
rafatz
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by rafatz »

Same Problem here... fingers crossed waiting for a solution as I live in Brazil and can't simply get my hands on a new unit :(

EDIT I was finally able to enter recovery. \o/

Here's the steps:

1 - Insert the Pendrive with the update.zip of 3.1 on the USB of your right, with you facing the Revue.
2 - Remove and reattach the power cable
3 - count 1s (1 mississipi) and press the "sync" button on the back.
4 - Your screen will blink... at that point, press ALT+L and the factory reset will happen.
5 - Just follow the normal steps to execute the SDCARD:/update.zip
lehmeier
Android 1.0

Post by lehmeier »

rafatz wrote:Same Problem here... fingers crossed waiting for a solution as I live in Brazil and can't simply get my hands on a new unit :(

Here's the steps:

1 - Insert the Pendrive with the update.zip of 3.1 on the USB of your right, with you facing the Revue.
4 - Your screen will blink... at that point, press ALT+L and the factory reset will happen.
I cannot seem to get these steps to work... I have tried nearly 100 times and nothing. I am past my 30 day return policy at Best Buy.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

lehmeier wrote:
rafatz wrote:Same Problem here... fingers crossed waiting for a solution as I live in Brazil and can't simply get my hands on a new unit :(

Here's the steps:

I cannot seem to get these steps to work... I have tried nearly 100 times and nothing. I am past my 30 day return policy at Best Buy.
Do you see anything once you release the connect button ,for instance does it say Format/Cache??
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
WiKDMoNKY
Android 1.0

Post by WiKDMoNKY »

So you are saying that you powered up, counted 1, pressed the connect button until it rebooted and then pressed Alt+L and the connect button while the screen was black? The original way that was posted says to power up, 1 count, hold down the connect button till it reboots and the Logitech logo comes back, then release. Basically nothing about Alt+L until after you see the TV logo.

I was able to load 3.1 originally and it worked fine then I had a couple power outages and it would hang on the boot screen, until I reloaded the Revue back with 3.1 (using the original posted instructions). I went out and bought a second Revue so I had something to use until I figure out how to access recovery on my bricked (but boots to the logitech logo).

Thanks in advance!!

Here's the steps:

Fluffnstuff
Android 1.0

Post by Fluffnstuff »

Same issue. Having read and tried ALL suggestions (many times), I am still not able to recover my Revue that hangs on Logitech logo on boot. Anyone who is able to successfully resolve this problem, please provide details of how you were able to do so. I am certain that there are others out there anxiously waiting for the answer to this problem.

Thank you in advance
Benjmyers1
Android 1.0

Post by Benjmyers1 »

ok, figured it out. here is what i did:

1) formatted my pen drive as fat 32
2) placed the first 3.1 update file on the pen drive as update.zip
3) extracted all the files on the pen drive into the root folder with winzip

at this point you should have the update.zip and all the files from the update.zip extracted on the pen drive.
4) unplugged power (i did have both the hdmi in and hdmi out and ir blaster plugged in though)
5) placed the pen drive in the usb port farthest from ethernet port (when facing the back of the revue, it will be on the left)
6) plug power in
7) count one mississippi then push the connect button. just push it once and let go, DO NOT HOLD IT DOWN (this is what i was doing wrong all this time)
8) sit back and relax as it will show the flash screen (logitech revue) then go black, and should show the update bar) continue to wait, as it looks like it gets stuck...but it keeps going, it will continue on its own untill the 'welcome to logitech revue' screen

ENJOY!

Ben
Fluffnstuff
Android 1.0

Post by Fluffnstuff »

Benjmyers1 wrote:ok, figured it out. here is what i did:

at this point you should have the update.zip and all the files from the update.zip extracted on the pen drive.
4) unplugged power (i did have both the hdmi in and hdmi out and ir blaster plugged in though)
5) placed the pen drive in the usb port farthest from ethernet port (when facing the back of the revue, it will be on the left)
6) plug power in
7) count one mississippi then push the connect button. just push it once and let go, DO NOT HOLD IT DOWN (this is what i was doing wrong all this time)
8) sit back and relax as it will show the flash screen (logitech revue) then go black, and should show the update bar) continue to wait, as it looks like it gets stuck...but it keeps going, it will continue on its own untill the 'welcome to logitech revue' screen

ENJOY!

Ben
I am following your instructions, but my revue will not reboot unless I hold the connect button. How long did you hold it down after counting to 1? I will keep trying and let you know if I am successful.
WiKDMoNKY
Android 1.0

Post by WiKDMoNKY »

FINALLY!!!!!

Your directions worked perfect, I am back up and running with 3.1 again. I think the fix is extracting the update zip to the USB drive and only pressing the connect button once and not holding it down. I have literally tried 100x+ the original way and could not get it to go. With your directions, I got it on my first try!

Thanks a million!!!

Benjmyers1 wrote:ok, figured it out. here is what i did:

6) plug power in

ENJOY!

Ben
lehmeier
Android 1.0

Post by lehmeier »

Hey Benjmyers1,

How long do you have to wait for the logitech revue screen to turn to the update bar for step 8?

"8) sit back and relax as it will show the flash screen (logitech revue) then go black, and should show the update bar) continue to wait, as it looks like it gets stuck...but it keeps going, it will continue on its own untill the 'welcome to logitech revue' screen"

The Logitech Review screen is all I see. I left it for up to 20 minutes and tested your steps about 20 times already :)